From SE England to Polmont?

(2 Posts)
UltraBoyRuns Tue 14-Nov-17 07:41:02

I'm considering moving from Kent to Polmont (or nearby) and looking for opinions on the area.

Having been up recently to identify areas, transport links, schools, facilities Polmont looks like a great place to bring up my 3 year old, reduce my current (4hour daily) commute and effectively improve our living.

I'm a graphic designer, my partner is a small animal vet, she would want to work relatively locally and I'd be happy to travel to Edinburgh/Glasgow/Stirling/etc for a job.

I wondered if anyone else had experience similar in terms of moving and job advice and are Polmont and the surroundings as pleasant as they look? (and yes I did see the prison and I really wasn't put off).

Thoughts/experiences appreciated

Candog Sat 25-Nov-17 23:12:16

It's not an especially attractive place, but I've heard it's a nice place to live . Reassuringly close to the hospital. Good train service to Edinburgh and Stirling. Within day trip distance of lovely countryside.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now