Moving to stirling

(2 Posts)
CarrieB2 Wed 10-Feb-16 13:19:43

Hi mums, I'm moving to Stirling next month for my partners work and am looking to make some mum friends as I'm so worried about feeling lonely without my family nearby! I'm 22, currently in Elgin, Moray and have 2 children 2 and 4. Also if anyone can point me in the direction of some good toddler groups to join with my youngest, I don't drive so I am looking for something Close to the town centre. Thank you!

soontobeslendergirl Thu 11-Feb-16 09:13:33

Hi Carrie, I am not what you are looking for friend wise as I am pushing 50 and have teenagers, but you will find friends and meet people when you are here no problem. smile When you have young children and are happy to go to groups you will meet plenty of other young parents. You tend to find the same people doing the same activities as Stirling is a pretty small place. Do you know yet where you will be living? I think most areas have toddler groups. There used to be a group that met in the Rugby Club I think. My DH did all that and ours were nursery age when we moved to Stirling so we sort of by-passed the toddler group stage here. Have you a nursery place allocated for your eldest/which school will they be going to? If you look on the Active Stirling website I think it has stuff for that age group and there are loads of other groups such as mini gymnastic type groups, music, football etc. The library usually does story telling groups too. There will likely be posters up in the library or community centre or nursery when you arrive and also once you meet one person with kids your age, they will be able to tell you about other things they go to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now