New to Staffordshire needing info on quiet villages ??

(9 Posts)
Bentleybud Wed 04-Sep-13 21:00:17

Hi my husbands job has been moved to Birmingham and we are thinking of moving to Staffordshire. We were just wondering if anyone knew of any nice quiet villages. Any help at all would be brillant thank you x

Voicesinmyear Fri 06-Sep-13 15:24:49

Where abouts will you be based? I'm not in Staffs, I'm just over the border in Cheshire.

Is it just small villages you are after or are you open to small towns with good schools too? smile

Voicesinmyear Mon 09-Sep-13 14:23:01

Sorry, should have read your post properly. Thought your husbands job was moving from Birmingham, not to...

How far away from Birmingham are you willing to go?

Voicesinmyear Mon 09-Sep-13 14:24:57

Oh and Stone and surrounding villages are lovely with rail links to Birmingham.

ScruffyLittleHerbert Wed 11-Sep-13 12:40:00

I live in Madeley which is lovely takes my boyfriend about an hour to get to Birmingham everyday by car xxx

groovygardener Wed 01-Jan-14 10:51:07

Hopefully you are sorted but if not, Gnosall is lovely. Eight miles from Stafford, has a primary school and a real village feel. It's a great place to live smile

LocalEditorStaffordshire Thu 09-Jan-14 16:30:37

Hello, as groovy gardener said you're hopefully sorted now, but have you considered Shenstone? It's quite near to Lichfield and still pretty close to rail/ bus links to Birmingham if you miss the bright lights smile

I really like Stone though, it has to be said.

Nellymay Wed 12-Feb-14 14:40:06

The Haywood's, Eccleshall gnosall, I'm from stafford and go there every week to see my mum. I also had a job travelling all over staffs so got to know it quite well and there are some really lovely villages around staffs : Barton under needwood? abbots Bromley? Stone although more a small town.

madrose2008 Mon 10-Mar-14 17:59:15

Whittington nr Lichfield
2 pubs a post office,chemist,drs,co-op,Chinese takeaway,3 parks, cafe,primary school and secondary school 3 miles away

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now