breastfeeding friendly places in London Bridge and Dulwich areas

(4 Posts)
bzzbee Thu 08-Jan-09 13:18:57

hello

As a relatively new mum I'm interested to hear your recommendations on breastfeeding-friendly shops/bars/cafes in East Dulwich/Dulwich and also in and around London Bridge. House of Fraser has a 'mother and baby' room - is this suitable for feeding?

Thanks in advance

GreenPeas Thu 08-Jan-09 13:34:05

Pretty much any of the cafes in ED/Dulwich are bfeeding friendly. The only place I can think of which actively discourages babies and small children is the french tea shop/patisserie on lordship lane (and hence is boycotted by most of the mums I know!)

I'm not a fan of 'mother and baby' rooms - with a bit of practice it's perfectly easy to feed discretely and I'd rather not be excluded from 'normal' establishments because of having an infant to feed. On the other hand, many women are very self-conscious about bfeeding so the privacy can be welcome.

bzzbee Sun 11-Jan-09 22:01:18

Thanks for your reply GreenPeas - are you referring to Le Chandlier by the way?

I thought the M&B room in HoF might be handy because I don't think they have a cafe there, but otherwise I agree with you. I guess I'm still at the stage where I need to have a plan of where I'm going to be able to feed her, so I'd rather not head into the city without some feeding friendly venues in mind.

chaz82 Thu 16-Jul-09 21:06:29

Hi Bzzbee,

If you're up London Bridge / Southbank way and like a walk along the River, there is a large grassy area outside the Tate Modern that is comfortably discrete (away from the main walkway) and very plesant to sit out on a Summer day with a drink from the little cafe bar. Plenty of Mums use this area as a stop off point to feed and sit down for 10 mins, myself included!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now