Recommendation for tutor for 15-year old

(3 Posts)
Evaexpat1 Mon 08-Feb-16 15:13:48

Hi All,
We are looking for a tutor for our 15-year old boy who's in year 10, in a school he doesn't like much. He is desperate to get out of there, and he's a smart kid - but he's a bit lazy, he has ADHD and while he'll say that he'll do better in school, he is not mature enough to really be as thorough as he needs to be. In order to ace an examination test for a good private school, he'll need some help - especially as he is coming from both the American and German school system. Does any of you know of a good person who'll know how to be inspiring but also really firm? And whose ego won't be blunted by a kid who might be less than motivated at first? Super bonus if they have a sense of what the academic level at the private schools around Dulwich. Thank you so much in advance!

sheard Mon 08-Feb-16 19:10:23

Im a qualified teaching assistant and i work with adhd and autistic children in residential settings i would be happy to direct you to websites give advice if you buy correct materials you can help your son im sure its about adapting lessons to make yhem fun eg studying history do a day out to a relivent museum etc x

LocalEditorSouthwark Tue 09-Feb-16 11:41:24

Here is another local tutor from the area:
I am a qualified 33 year old male Maths teacher CRB approved, based in Dulwich, London. With a Maths PGCE from Brunel University of London, I am experienced in teaching KS1-4, GCSE, AS and A Level.

Please check my website for details.

[www.fit4maths.co.uk]

Regards

Mr Kurt

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now