Great Nursery in East Dulwich?

(8 Posts)
july78 Wed 29-Oct-14 16:26:37

Dear all, I am just about to move in East Dulwich and I need to find a childcare solution for my baby boy.
Does anyone know great nurseries in the area? (I already viewed Montessory cherry tree and Bright Horizon and i was not convinced at all).
Thanks in advance for your help!

Lndnmummy Wed 19-Nov-14 16:27:51

Hi, have you had a look on the east dulwich forum? Waiting lists are often very long in the ED area but there are a few well regarded nurseries such as Mother Goose, My favourite nursery and Gumboots to name a few

MrsOakenshield Wed 19-Nov-14 16:30:07

not East Dulwich itself, but DD went to The Villa in Peckham for 2 and a half years, excellent nursery.

Evaexpat1 Sun 17-May-15 09:05:07

I'm desperately trying to find nurseries in East Dulwich also, but with the added advantage of doing so from Berlin! Can anyone tell me just roughly what kind of waiting lists I should expect? Do people wait for years? Months? My ability to work in London greatly hinges on getting good childcare for our 3-year old (he just turned 3 this week).. The nurseries I've contacted don't seem terribly keen on helping me as long as I am in Berlin - we'll be moving in July. Thank you so much for any advice you could throw my way..

Franchan Sun 17-May-15 10:11:44

I've heard Nelly's Nursery on Turney Road in Dulwich/Herne Hill is very good.

Franchan Sun 17-May-15 10:13:07

Sorry - I just see this Berlin comment - there is a German/Engllish one too called Judith Kerr on Half Moon Lane. Don't know what age they start but I think at 3?

Evaexpat1 Mon 18-May-15 11:48:19

Thank you so much Franchan. It seems like Judith Kerr is only from 4 years and up, but it DID lead me to the German kindergarden in North Dulwich which sounds perfect for us! Fingers crossed that the waiting list isn't awful.

HerneHillHelen Fri 03-Jul-15 22:54:53

Hi Eva, I've been to visit the German Kindergarten in North Dulwich and I thought it was very nice. We ended up at Rosendale as the GK is from 2 years and my daughter is one.I would also recommend Rosendale very much.Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now