Nanny - Dulwich Village from September

(8 Posts)
N1MTB Tue 12-Jul-11 16:06:49

Hello,

We're looking elsewhere but I thought I'd try trusty mumsnet to see if anybody can recommend a full time nanny to look after our children from mid-September. Our son will be 3 and a 1/2 and our daughter will be just 2. We're moving to the area which is why we need a new nanny.

We found our current (brilliant) nanny through word of mouth but don't know anybody in Dulwich so can't tap into the local nanny/parents network! I have had over 50 replies to a recent advert and am finding it hard to know where to start. We're considering agencies too but a recommendation from a mum would be great...

Brief details are:
- cover between about 8.30 a.m. and 6.30 p.m. Monday - Friday,
- no babysitting required generally although we might need the nanny to stay a bit later occasionally if we are stuck at work,
- we'd like somebody who is reliable, loves little children, organised and good fun,
- preferably Ofsted registered with at least 3 years' experience.

So, the usual Mary Poppins requirements really!

We're a really relaxed and friendly family (well, I would say that) and can give any potential nannies our current nanny's number if they want to discuss what we're like to work for.

Thank you...!

legalalien Wed 20-Jul-11 13:54:00

I'll ask around... also, our old nanny is (I think) just about to go live with her new nanny agency venture, I think - I'd trust her with my life (well, I trusted her with DS so that follows) - will drop her a line and see where she's up to.

N1MTB Thu 21-Jul-11 11:45:38

Lovely - thank you legalalien! Will invite you round for coffee, or something stronger, to say thank you for all your help if/when we finally get to Dulwich... Should exchange next week and complete v shortly afterwards.

legalalien Thu 21-Jul-11 17:13:12

will keep my fingers crossed for you - those weeks of exchange/completion are always a nightmare!

N1MTB Fri 22-Jul-11 12:50:42

thank you... I have aged 10 years and am not sleeping at all!!

gahhhh.

N1MTB Wed 03-Aug-11 15:28:46

hello

we are definitely moving! completion on monday so will be living, err, quite close to St Barnabus Church, from then!

still haven't found a nanny though - but got a few interviews lined up and we don't need one for a few weeks.

I am so outed now and will have to change my nickname

legalalien Fri 05-Aug-11 15:59:45

grin at being outed. Will keep my eye out for removal trucks! Out of interest, did the person in NZ get in touch with you in the end?

N1MTB Fri 05-Aug-11 17:53:50

ha - should be v easy to spot (although hope kids won't be in tow on Monday - my parents are taking them for Monday night so we can move and unpack a bit) ...

nope - but don't worry - have a few people lined up for interview. already seen a really nice one with zero nanny experience (but has nursery experience) so we're considering her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now