Thorne, Moorends, Armthorpe

(6 Posts)
SammieJo82 Mon 24-Jul-17 22:23:10

Hi, I live in Hampshire and my husband has been offered a job in Thorne. However all i can find online is people saying to avoid it, but no reason as to why? I have 3 children 5 and under so its vital that I move them to a good area. Please can anyone give me some current advice as to what these areas are like (Moorends, Stainsforth, Armthorpe, Hatfield and Thorne? Much appreciated. X

fairgame84 Tue 31-Oct-17 20:49:57

Hi I've only just seen your post today. Did you get sorted? If not I can advise you where is ok and where to avoid smile

escape Wed 01-Nov-17 08:54:23

I live in Hatfield with Children at school in Thorne & wider area - happy to advise.

MadisonMontgomery Thu 02-Nov-17 15:16:08

Oh God, Thorne & Worlds End - avoid like the plague! It’s basically the most horrible council estates ever, in the back end of beyond, full of travellers and drug addicts. Avoid like the plague. Armthorpe v similar but at least central to Doncaster (which admittedly is not exactly a selling point!) Why on earth are you looking at these areas?!

MadisonMontgomery Thu 02-Nov-17 15:17:51

Stainsforth & Hatfield are also grim - half traveller site, half council estate.

AfunaMbatata Mon 20-Nov-17 16:25:25

Stay as far away from Thorne and moorends as you can!!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now