Nice place to live in Lanarkshire?

(5 Posts)
acjaa11 Tue 01-Jul-14 14:26:16

Hi there,

I got a job in Eurocentral, 11 miles east Glasgow, and I am currently looking for a nice place to settle with my 3 year old daughter. I've been looking at houses in Cumbernauld area, Hamilton, East Kilbride, Wishaw, Uddinsgton and Livingston area. Any advice of where would it be nicer or where I should avoid? Thank you!!

jadetuk Wed 30-Jul-14 11:09:15

I moved up to East Kilbride from a small town in Wales and love it. There are a great choice of shops and good transport links as well as a big selection of nurseries and schools. I would view houses in a few different areas to get a feel of what you're looking for. smile Go with your gut feeling.

EKchunt Fri 07-Aug-15 20:55:53

Bellshill and Mossend lose to your job in Eurocentral.

For EK, the Stewartfield area seems most sought after. Walking distance to St Kenneths or Kirktonholme Primary schools.

Ek Lindsayfield is cheaper option. Nice houses, but seems too far out the way, even with a car.

Mustang27 Wed 19-Jul-17 19:17:59

I'm in hamilton and I think it's really nice and very well linked for transport plus now most of the road works are done its a pretty quick drive to Glasgow.

Mustang27 Wed 19-Jul-17 19:18:23

Oops sorry zombie threadblush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now