British Expat moving back to the uk

(2 Posts)
topsy2 Mon 03-Nov-14 05:16:02

I've been living overseas for the last 13 years, but will be returning back to the uk next july, i have a daughter aged 8 and a 6 year old boy (who has speech and behaviour problems). Ideally we would like to move to solihull but feeling overwhelmed regarding schools, can anyone offer any advise which schools i should apply ( or avoid) ! Its going to be a big change for my children as they are used to a completely different environment so getting the right school is a must!! Thanks in advance

Pennybe Tue 11-Nov-14 09:20:04

Hi!
The southern half of the borough of Solihull, i.e. Solihull itself and the "rural south" is well served for good schools.

For junior schools (7-11 years), I've been very pleased with Shirley Heath Juniors and have heard really good reports on Widney Juniors and Sharmans Cross Juniors. It's important to get live in the catchment area for the most popular schools to have the best chance of gaining a place, as there is increasing pressure on school places in the borough and many housing developments on the cards, which will add to that pressure.

Also bear in mind the catchment areas for the secondary schools. Tudor Grange and Arden always seem to get good GCSE results, but, of course, that doesn't tell the whole story. Alderbrook is very popular with parents, Langley too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now