Chesterfield, Matlock, Bakewell areas etc

(32 Posts)
notasausage Tue 29-Sep-09 20:00:15

Hi, just wondered how many of us there were lurking in the Sheffield local group from Chesterfield and NE Peak District, whether it was worth setting up a new local group?

ToastnTea Wed 07-Sep-11 15:24:50

Chesterfield -preggers and finding out there is little for new expectant mums in the area!

sleeplessinderbyshire Wed 07-Sep-11 22:00:46

not that little - there's nct

http://www.nct.org.uk/branches/chesterfield

lots of pregnancy yoga and stuff. Lazy Daisy lady was advertising on her recently too

Renaissance227 Mon 12-Sep-11 10:09:21

Has anyone seen my post for a meet up in Chesterfield the first week in October? There is a post on this local board, the pregnancy one, and in Meet ups! smile

chezziejo Tue 07-Feb-12 21:01:19

Hi guess I'm a bit behind on this thread but I'm in Rowsley sort of between bakewell and Matlock. I'm quite shy too and find it hard to go to some of the groups.* Blushes*

Jo xx

Babsthebunny Thu 23-Jul-15 19:10:06

Hi I am pregnant at min due in November 2015 I live in bakewell area and don't really know any people woth babies ect and just wanted to know if there was any groups I can join know I am years out of date on this page

Snowdropsandsunflowers Thu 23-Jul-15 19:23:26

Hi Babs, congratulations!
A good place to start in Bakewell is the children's centre, opposite the library - they have various groups on different days, and posters/info about what's on. Might even be a bumps group, I can't remember (well past the bump stage now!)

Kerrygold14 Sat 16-Jan-16 18:15:05

Hi there! Looking for feedback! I'm looking to start a new business in Bakewell offering craft workshops and messy play for children and adults. This would included parent and toddler sessions which would be structured around a weekly theme eg, gardening activities , messy play, music and craft, with something that your child has made to takeaway. Not forgetting that all important coffee for the grown up and a drink and snack for your little ones! After school and weekend activities would be on offer too and children's parties . Lego and junk modelling workshops are always popular with all age groups. I have a huge range of crafts available! I have a background in working with early years in schools and I am trained in working with children with specific needs such as autism, ADHD. I believe all children have an equal right to be able to access all opportunities and to this I am happy to run small workshops specifically for children with such needs in a safe and caring envirnoment. I am looking to open my business from a separate building from my home and there would be on site parking available. Opening times would vary according to demand. The envirnoment I would be creating would be a light, airy, warm and welcoming space for you as parents and your children to create magic together through arts and crafts. As I have stated I am in the process of doing my market research and would welcome your thoughts as to weather this would be of interest to you and your friends. Thank you for reading Tracey Dallow

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now