Cheerleading Lessons Sheffield

(24 Posts)
katz Mon 22-Jun-09 20:34:33

Does anyone know of any?

DD1 would love to do some, the only things i've found on google seem very out of date.

Pref near to S10

Hulababy Mon 22-Jun-09 20:51:03

I have looked before Katz (online, in local paper and emailed) but it is very limited what is on offer.

Some dance classes do them, but they only appear to be available to their own students who are already doing ballet, etc.

The football and ice hockey places have squads which start from 7 or 8, but you have to be committed to go to most, if not all, matches as part of the team.

There were one or two others I found but they were for older children/teens/adults.

I only found one possibility at the time and that was Rotherham area IIRR.

katz Mon 22-Jun-09 21:04:04

Thanks Hula, that what i'd found, i was thinking could be good for friday's. It looks like the owls used to have a junior squad but nothing now.

She wants to do dancing just not ballet tap or ballroom!! which doesn't leave a lot.

Hulababy Mon 22-Jun-09 21:13:12

Most of the dance schools seem to insist they do ballet or ballroom and then you can chose others from what I found.

katz Mon 22-Jun-09 21:20:25

thats pants, she's really not keen on ballet and ballroom isnt her thing either, oh well freestyling to hannah montana in the living room it is!

Hulababy Mon 22-Jun-09 21:25:44

Could have a look at the stage/musical/dance/drama mix class they started at Playspace????

katz Mon 22-Jun-09 21:34:31

this looks slightly promising leadmill dance classesalthough the classes for 6+ is on sat pm.

Did they start them then? might have to phone and ask

Hulababy Mon 22-Jun-09 21:36:26

Ah, only looked at weekday classes. Bad enough having swimming mid morning on a Saturday, couldn't face any more!

Yes, Playspace have been running activity classes this year.

katz Mon 22-Jun-09 21:37:06

have emailed them they have this info on their website

Musical theatre
Musical theatre is a fantastic and fun way for children of all ages to express their interest in dance. The course covers musicals, movies and various types of dance including disco, cheerleading and jazz.

Funky Hip Hop
This course is a fresh approach for the little guys and girls who love street dance together with fun, modern music!

either would be - if they're a day we can make it.

katz Mon 22-Jun-09 21:38:22

i don't fancy anything extra on weekends, esp as we're getting sunday's back now DH not working fri, although gonna miss our usual fridays.

Hulababy Mon 22-Jun-09 21:43:54

DD would love the first one.

katz Mon 22-Jun-09 21:47:23

i know so would both mine, fingers crossed it running again after the summer.

PandaG Mon 22-Jun-09 22:13:10

I know of a cheerleading school the wed - Fri firts week of school hols. Can get details if you are interested? 2 hours per day - to HSM music iirc! Am thinking about sending DD

Hulababy Mon 22-Jun-09 22:23:52

Ah that would have been fab for my DD PandaG; saldy we are away that week. What a shame.

katz Tue 23-Jun-09 09:42:07

sounds great - info would be fab, thanks

PandaG Tue 23-Jun-09 12:47:00

hi Katz - should have emailed you the leaflet to your MN address. if it won't download let me know and will print it out for you.

katz Tue 23-Jun-09 14:49:22

ok will go and have a look - thanks

katz Tue 23-Jun-09 14:51:45

got it and realised we're away on the friday, so sadly no good. If this turns into a regular class could you let me know - DD1 would love it.

PandaG Tue 23-Jun-09 15:00:51

yes will let you know Katz. May be able to get details of people running the course too - is a contact of a friend of mine. Shame neither of you can make it - I think we will send DD if she wants to go!

katz Tue 23-Jun-09 15:10:35

might be worth mentioning the potential demand if they could find somewhere to hold a regular weekly class.

Cheerleading and line dancing are what my 2 want to do!

ithinkimtallandblonde Tue 23-Jun-09 23:28:35

Katz, Sheffield Eagles Rugby league have a cheerleading team. They take them from about three i think, you need to give the Sheffield Eagles office at Don Valley a ring and they will put you in touch with the right person, i think her name is Julie.

katz Wed 24-Jun-09 18:20:51

thanks - will look into that.

Katz Mon 20-Jul-09 11:37:43

just bumping to say i found some!

Hulababy Tue 15-Sep-09 13:32:11

BUMP this for anyone interested.

There will be a cheerleading class starting in Sheffield (S10), at PlaySpace, on a Friday evening after school. First class is this week.

Costs £5 for an hour's lesson IIRR.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now