Mums meet up in Hillsborough Park - Saturday 30th August 11.30am

(13 Posts)
mumtojandm Mon 18-Aug-08 10:54:03

Think this might be a bit cheeky but here goes....
I've been chosen as the Chair mum for the netmums local group (yes, netmums not mumsnet!) Sheffield North.

I am organising a 'Bring a Picnic Day' to be held on Saturday 30th August from 11.30am in Hillsborough Park. Everyone is welcome, dads included. It is just an opportunity to meet other mums in your local area and have a chat while the kids play. Some mums do find it hard to make friends, so these groups have been set up to ease the stress.

Please do come along. If the weather is bad, we will move to the Space Fun Zone indoor play centre in Hillsborough which is a short walk through the park.

If you want to know more, click onto www.netmums.com and select Sheffield/Yorkshire as your local area. Go the meet a mum board and you will find my 'advert' there.

Imnotok Mon 18-Aug-08 20:53:47

I would have come but it is dd's birthday that day .
Hope it all goes well.

Hecate Mon 18-Aug-08 21:03:59

I think it's not cheeky at all. I think it's really nice to extend this invitation to mumsnetters as well as netmums (I want to say netmummers grin what do you call yourselves?)

Now. If you are going to allow us near you, your lot will have to get the following jabs

rabies, tetanus .....

grin

Hecate Mon 18-Aug-08 21:05:06

ooh-er no!!!!- that reads bloody AWFUL!!

It was meant to joke about protecting YOU from us, but I realise it can be taken the other way!! blush

<gets coat>

Imnotok Mon 18-Aug-08 21:05:30

The park is near me to I am always in there because of teh library.

DonDons Tue 19-Aug-08 11:30:00

off to skeg vegas for the weekend but thanks for the invitation

mumtojandm Tue 19-Aug-08 15:06:23

Hecate - I was a mumsnetter before I discovered netmums so have already had the innoculations! wink

TenaciousG Tue 19-Aug-08 15:10:20

I live a hop skip and a jump away from the park grin; I would love to come.

I would have come but thats my due date grin

mumtojandm Thu 28-Aug-08 21:09:53

Only one day to go - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE COME ALONG.. DON'T LEAVE ME THERE ON MY OWN WITH MY KIDS! grin

Hulababy Thu 28-Aug-08 21:14:42

We are away this weekend otherwise might have been able to pop along for a bit. Hope it goes well.

StayFrosty Thu 28-Aug-08 21:17:22

mum to j and m, where are you meeting up? I will come if it's fine.

S1ur Thu 28-Aug-08 21:32:49

Teng mate, I'd could go just to meet you. But I don't really go to meetups as a rule.

But instead I might go and lurk in the bushes and spy on you and, and, and, er, actually that's pretty pointless. If you see someone who looks like they've been dragged through a hedge - that might be me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now