Moving to Halfway

(5 Posts)
marylou56 Tue 31-Oct-17 11:08:45

Thinking about moving to Oxclose area of Halfway? What's it like?

BackBoiler Tue 31-Oct-17 15:30:59

Its a nice area. It's not particularly vibrant' but I suspect you already know that.

Sheffieldmum3 Tue 31-Oct-17 16:42:53

I have never lived there but have family who live close to it. Personally I really don't like it all. I think it's soulless, grey with little sense of community and amenities other that Morrison's! It has the tram service which is good however. Also think about schools as I believe it's in Halfway and Westfield catchments which aren't brilliant. It depends what you want from an area though.

marylou56 Wed 01-Nov-17 11:06:24

Sheffieldmum3, would you say Westfield might be better. My child isn't school age yet.

Sheffieldmum3 Wed 01-Nov-17 13:39:51

Westfield as an area is not great in my opinion, some social problems and quite deprived. If you really want that side if town, I would aim for Mosborough or Killamarsh personally. Neither are my sort of thing as a previous poster said not very vibrant and not much community vibe but they are generally quiet and safe areas. Killamarsh is a bit cheaper and you will get more for your money. It is actually just out of Sheffield boundaries.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now