Baby Groups

(5 Posts)
SallyPie Fri 03-Jun-11 12:16:35

Hello, I'm a first time mum to an 11 week old girl. I'm getting very bored at home and would like to get out of the house and meet some other mums. I live in Walkley (the upper end) and the only groups I know about are at Primrose and Hillsborough Children's centres, both of which involve a bus and tram journey for me to get to them. Does anyone know of anything a bit more local to me?

deepfriedcupcake Tue 07-Jun-11 14:47:18

Not sure what's up your end of town but the Sheffield Information Link seached and printed off a list for my postcode area for me. Very helpful.

katz Tue 07-Jun-11 21:18:00

this chatter box link should give you the electronic/web version of the latest copy of Chatterbox, a parenting magazine produced by parents from the S6 and S10 areas so lots of info and baby group listings.

deepfriedcupcake Wed 08-Jun-11 10:23:11

Ooh, that looks good too.

Dempsita Thu 16-Jun-11 18:22:28

Hello SallyPie
I am in a similar position with a 9 wk old boy - also a first time Mum and live in Walkley. We have just started venturing out to baby groups and have been to Primrose/ Zest centre and St Thomas's (Philadelphia). Both very quiet at the moment. I will be going to the Walkley Library session (2nd Fri of the month) tomorrow and need to look at Chatterbox to see what is going on in Crookes as well... I would also like to meet other mums and babies do let me know if you want to get a coffee/ tea sometime. Maybe we'll see you at the library session...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now