Jedburgh Schools

(4 Posts)
Mirth2016 Fri 19-Aug-16 16:01:05

Hello,
We are considering a move to Jedburgh from East Anglia. Have 3 boys, 4, 3 and 1.5, and schools obviously important but I am struggling to get a feel for what the schools in Jedburgh are like and would appreciate an local feedback. The virtual comparator thing on the gov website I'm finding confusing for Jedburgh...I understand Peebles schools seem to have a good reputation, and Jedburgh is obviously smaller and possibly more "rural" in terms of student population, but how do they compare?

Many thanks!

LePub Sat 20-Aug-16 14:23:58

In the Scottish Borders Peebles and Earlston High schools have the best reputation. I don't know much about Jed's primary schools I'm afraid.

alannasmummyx Thu 22-Jun-17 16:50:08

Hi! I'm from Jedburgh. Honestly the schools are fine. Yes, Peebles and Earlston have great reputations and Kelso has been known to be good to. But honestly, I never had any issues with primary and secondary schools, I think it all depends on the student. They have plans to be building a new school in Jedburgh too which will integrate the three schools. The town is a bit boring for kids though, there's not much here BUT it is nice and quiet for raising the kids smile

alannasmummyx Thu 22-Jun-17 16:50:44

Ha! I'm new to this site, I didn't even notice the date 😂

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now