Schools in Peebles

(2 Posts)
liliesandwine Wed 07-Jan-15 12:37:09

Hi

Hubby and I are thinking about relocating to Peebles from Edinburgh and I'm just looking for information about the local Primary and Secondary Schools. How are they? Good inspection reports? Any concerns? Does the Secondary School have good exam pass rates / good extra curriculum programmes etc.?

Any info. would be greatly appreciated as well as and other thoughts on family life in Peebles/the Borders.

Many thanks :-)

EdSheeransGString Sat 10-Jan-15 03:58:28

Peebles is lovely, very community driven and the parks, high street and surrounding areas are stunning. The high Street is filled with independent local businesses, there aren't any chain stores here. It's lovely

There is loads to do in and around the town, hundreds of sport clubs, after school clubs, nurseries, leisure centres, swimming pool, football teams, Rugby teams and most people are friendly and welcoming. There are plenty of good restaurants (and pubs!) and it's not far from Edinburgh with buses into the city every 20 minutes.

There is a theatre with a huge range of shows and they have films showing occasionally.

The golf course is good and there is a decent sized tesco and sainsburys in the town.

The views of the surrounding countryside are lovely and it's such a nice place for children to grow up. I have many happy memories of living here as a child.

My dd attends Kingsland primary school and it's very good. The school is in a new building with top of the range facilities and services.

Halyrude primary school is the other choice. It's a roman Catholic school and I don't know much about it other than its also very good and my friends dcs are thriving there.

Over the past 10 years or so, peebles has expanded massively. The majority of people who live here are 'incomers' so to speak and it is a popular place for families with parents who work in Edinburgh. It's easily commutable but has the small town community feeling that you sometimes just don't get in cities.

I'm happy to answer any specific questions.

I don't work for the tourist board but I should grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now