(1001 Posts)
mellow2 Thu 31-Jul-08 18:03:03

New thread for August.

sfxmum Thu 31-Jul-08 19:19:44

for active convos

slng Thu 31-Jul-08 19:21:04

Hello new thread!

Dinner for one tonight. Scampi!

By the way we are still planning to go to that miniature train thing at Thames Ditton. Plan is to turn up around 3.30 and probably for picnic tea for kids. Providing it's not pouring down.

COV - what's parking like there?

slng Thu 31-Jul-08 19:34:29

Kew - all this festival talk. Have you gone over to the dark side? Is nobody sane!!?? On DS's door opening ability - you'd be grateful if you lock yourself out one day! I've been trying to teach DS1 to open the door just on this eventuality, but am also aware of the possible pitfalls ...

slng Thu 31-Jul-08 19:38:08

On another note, I've finally had to break it to DS2 that contrary to popular belief among the small people, saying "I'm not your friend" does not get rid of unwanted personnel, especially not your mum. He looked bewildered. Poor thing.

sfxmum Thu 31-Jul-08 21:23:54

slng how is the temp going? ds feeling any better?
LOL at the thought of dh or I being part of the shiny happy people

MrsRecycle Thu 31-Jul-08 21:34:55

am officially a SAHM yipeeee.....

Kew - after us getting the shopping in in our PJs on Sat doubt that a semi-naked toddler would phase your neighbours. grin But shock at his logistic skills.

slng - that is always the case re: docs, make you feel like a fake doesn't it. Hope his temperature has cooled (not easy in this weather).

Never been a festival person but I did hear a few people on the train talking about the Woodcraft Folk and it reminded me of our Jamboree's that we used to go to every holidays with them. Had some wonderful times cooking round the camp fire with our tinnies when I was a wee girl.

ComeOVeneer Thu 31-Jul-08 21:35:23

Hi all.

slng parking is a bit of a nightmare if it is a good weather day. I would advise to park in Manor Road North and walk around the corner. Sorry I can't host a tea, but I totlaly forgot when I first suggested it that it was the weekend my sister was coming to fetch my neice. We still plan to take our kids there so will possibly bump into you.

Speaking of neice I collected her and dd from my parents today - to fab reports how well they behved/slept/got on with each other. This eveing they have been fighting like siblings, An hour after bedtime I removed dd from the bedroom and she is now sleeping on the floor in dh's office. I think it is going to be a long few days.

Tomorrow afternoon I have an extra 2 to look after (so 2x3yr olds, a 5 yr old and 2x6 year olds - HELP)

rosmerta Thu 31-Jul-08 21:38:35

Congratulations getting through your last day MrsR!

Partygirl, if you're around, I've emailed you.

Slng, hope ds is feeling better. Won't be able to do the train thing this weekend, dh playing golf & has the car.

Cov, yikes, don't envy you tomorrow! Hope it goes ok.

MrsRecycle Thu 31-Jul-08 21:42:39

thanks Ros, am so pleased I did it as well, have wanted to walk so many times but I didn't..They didn't even get me a leaving pressie but I got a nice card with some lovely messages in it.

COV sounds like hell tomorrow, do you have a paddling pool they could all splash around in (if it doesn't rain!)? Don't envy you one bit.

sfxmum Thu 31-Jul-08 21:50:57

mrsR congrats on ending hope you enjoy the break

cov best of luck tomorrow and the rest of the stay

this weekend we will attempt the first trip to the cinema with dd she has seen adverts for Wall-E and keeps going on about it we have been to the website and she giggles at the trailer and other bits, lets see how it goes

MrsRecycle Thu 31-Jul-08 21:52:47

oh shh sfx but dds have seen it on dvd - they really enjoyed it especially dd2 she couldn't stop laughing about one particular bit of it. Would lend it to you but they took it to GPs, they loved it that much..

sfxmum Thu 31-Jul-08 22:00:47

we want to start cinema trips too so glad the movie is entertaining want it to be a good experiencesmile

Kewcumber Thu 31-Jul-08 22:17:27

so you're all suitably socked by DS's escapebut has no-one elses 2.5 yr old done this? Please don;t tellme that my parenting skills are defective and no-one elses DC's did this until they were 12...

Steppie - I feel sure its the kind of thing DD must do [hopeful emoticon]. Don't think I have the nerve to tell my mum!

susiecutiebananas Thu 31-Jul-08 22:21:35

Hello all

HOw are you guys? Its been a rotten couple of days in my life.... finally spoke to DH. SO unhappy. he's so blinkered and won't talk again. Made me cry so much. now has phone off again.... Still he's promised he'll be home tomorrow to pack for holiday. He's got to go into office to talk about voluntary redundancy if they say no, he'll be walking tomorrow under the terms of the redundancy 'rules' he has been sent by HR.
Thank god his new job starts when we are back.

anyway I forgot my meeting with HR was yesterday.... shit!! I thought it was today, had mum lined up for child care. Got very nasty call from HR bitch manager. I was very angry with her, the way she spoke to me. I've got so much on my plate just now, which she knows about and she threatened me with all sorts. SO, I basically let rip and said everyhting I've wanted to for 5 years! blush was not nice, ad I felt ad afterwards... briefly!

I'm packing tomorrow, and washing clothes etc. If anyone fancies popping over for a natter and a cupper, you'd be SO welcome. So long as you don't mind me pottering a little and hanging out washing basically! Garden is good to play in... I just feel so uterly miserable atm. I've no idea why quite so down. maybe pmt... ???

Hope you are all ok.

susiecutiebananas Thu 31-Jul-08 22:23:18

KC: its ok, my niece did the same at jut under 2.5 and actually, my other little neice ( my sisters) also did at 3yrs old. They lived on kingston hill at the time... it was terrifying for them! You are not defective! wink

susiecutiebananas Thu 31-Jul-08 22:32:39

Oh, BTW, I really like the sound of that festival who ever talked about it. The one with more of live theatre ad R4 plays/comedy etc... Its on in our house pretty much permanently. And the car. DH often ( used to at least) call from car and tell me to put whatever on... so, if you do decide to go, please remember me! wink

We're reading Journey round shipping forecast this holiday. Its a great read. (I read it a couple of years ago) I say we're reading it, well, it'll be me, to him. He has aspergers, so finds reading any kind of book that is not a technical manual etc impossible. He almost cannot physically do it. He struggles with Izzy's stuff.

Such a shame. however, he loves to hear them read out loud ( by me! ) and does enjoy them. He could read a manual and regurgitate it, ad infinitum to the most minute details. Its the strangest thing Apergers. Certainly the way it effects different people i such varying ways. He's SO painfully intelligent, yet emotions cripple him utterly. Socially he does ok really, just hates it passionately if he's to meet someone he doesn't know so well or at all..

yet more useless info from me about my strange life
dh grin

sfxmum Thu 31-Jul-08 23:06:37

I Susie sorry you had a rough time,hope you had a nice time at your sisters
Aspergers explains a lot, most men are a bit odd anyway but I can see the frustrations involved with this diagnosis.
Thanks for open invite but can't make it tomorrow, having day with sisters kids

hope the holiday goes well and you both manage to talk and relax

btw the festival is Latitude, just took place but next year tickets are already onsale

Paddlechick666 Fri 01-Aug-08 07:29:08

morning all

susie, really sorry you're doing it so tough at present. wish i was around today as would love to come over and hang out and natter.

i've had 2.5yrs of phone off/withdrawal of contact and i know how frustrating and painful it can be. it's only really been the last 6m that things have improved.

really hope things settle down soon and that you have a good family holiday together that helps you re-connect.

I am taking dd to see Dr Halvorsen today. Unfortunately haven't finished his book (last chapter left) due to having no time to myself this week at all.

H is going to try to come to the appt shock but was in work till 2am testing the systems that go live this evening so we'll see.

It'll be fantastic if he makes it but I am prepared for his not being able to. Just the fact that he wants to means a great deal in itself.

Will take DD to Hamleys afterwards.

MrsR, congrats on SAHM status. I bet you are relieved. What a bunch of meanies not to get you a gift.

Kew, nah you're not defective LOL.

We might be up for the train thing.

Okay, gotta get organised for our big adventure.

MrsRecycle Fri 01-Aug-08 09:31:15

susie sorry to hear about your awful time with dh, sounds like a holiday is just what you need at the moment. Enjoy it - did you go to Kent the other day? Whereabouts?

sfx,enjoy the cinema and the countless trips to the loo wink

Kew - when dd was the same age, we lost her one morning (before breakfast in pjs), she wasn't in the van, searched hi and low for her. Found her in "Tom's" van (you'll meet him a lovely guy), eating toast and jam that she'd decided to make herself... Also another time she decided to climb into him and his dw (lovely as well!)'s bed, he got the scare of his life! Good job your van has decking or Tom will be finding a stray gherkin coming to stay grin

Right off to get my hair cut, have sorted out dd's clothes...chat later.

slng Fri 01-Aug-08 09:38:21

Morning!

Susie hope all goes well. Have to work in the morning otherwise would love to potter and chat. My favourite activities!

Now off to find my elevenses.

sfxmum Fri 01-Aug-08 09:41:07

good morning all

I wonder if we will notice the partial eclipse or will it look like normal cloud cover?

mrsR we taking the portable potty. what meanies no present?

paddle hope all goes well

last night at dinner dh gave dd a drink and she said 'but daddy I ordered the blue straw'hmmgrin

slng how is your boy today?

slng Fri 01-Aug-08 09:58:48

sfx - boy seems to be fine this morning and declines to see doctor. No appointments left today anyway so made appointment for Monday morning just in case...

Our boys prefer pink/red straws: apparently "we" like fire engines and therefore like all shades of red. hmm

We have officially run out of straws. What they don't know is that there's a big stash in the cupboard above small person's head level.

Is it environmentally friendly to use straw?

stepfordwife Fri 01-Aug-08 10:13:22

morning, all

susie , sorry you're having such a rough time and hope the holiday helps - or starts to help - bring you closer together.
sorry, can't come over today as got a household of kids, so sticking locally.

mrsR..YAAAYYYYYYYY that you've escaped that place. and, yes, mean not to get pressie. how very dare they?

kew....and how very dare you presume my dd is the type to escape and do runners...
wink
spot-on!
grin
i now double-lock the door, but any breach of security and she's off. chatting to friends on the doorstep andf she's off!
quite a common sight for our neighbours watching me chase dd down the road - the other evening she was naked.
"well embarrassing" according to her brothers..
nah, i said..now if i'd been naked that would have been embarrassing..
have a good day everyone
toodlepip

rosmerta Fri 01-Aug-08 10:46:15

Blimey steppie you do conjure up some images grin

Susie, thanks for the invite, can't make it today I'm afraid.

Paddle, sorry being nosy but who's Dr Halvosen? Is dd ok?

I had my scan this morning & everything is ok. Apparently his tummy is ahead the rest of him by a couple of weeks, takes after his mum & dad then grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.