Swimming lesson recommendation for toddlers in Richmond/Twickenham/Teddington/Hampton?

(12 Posts)
Tapster Sun 27-Apr-08 12:26:31

I'm looking for some swimming lessons to go to with my DD of nearly 18 months, we haven't taken her for a few months since we gave up our gym membership. I know I could go to the public pools - Pools in the Park or Teddington swimming pool but any other recommendations for private teachers/classes? There seem to be lots of classes for babies but less for tots or maybe I'm not looking in the right places?

coralieevison Tue 29-Apr-08 10:27:41

I have been recommended Waternippers (www.waternippers.com) who do some lessons in Kingston. They are very busy though, and we are currently on a waiting list. I have also been recommended a company called Springboard Swimmers in Teddington. Hope you find some classes - we have had the same problem. All the local toddler classes seem to be on the days I am at work.

SJ99 Tue 29-Apr-08 15:55:14

We've been to 2 lots of toddler swim at Teddington which have been great. They do book up fast though and are on Mon & Fri I think. Good luck

Tapster Thu 29-May-08 20:59:50

Thanks to coralieevision have signed DD to waternippers, springboard have a very long waiting list.

poppy34 Thu 29-May-08 21:52:48

sorry to hijack shamelessly but any tips on where you can do baby swimming lessons locally?

JJJJJJ Mon 09-Jun-08 15:34:34

Patterson Penguins at the Mall are great with small classes, do summer holiday classess too, Hampton Outdoor Pool, St Catherine's school have a private swim school there also with small classess

HollieA Tue 09-Sep-08 14:59:55

In my opinion Springboard are worth waiting for - only 3 kids per class and FANTASTIC tutors. Had both my kids learn with them - well worth the wait.

poppy34 Tue 09-Sep-08 15:09:43

have just signed up for littledippers (but is miles away...in horsham as ham classes full )...where is springboard hollie?

HollieA Tue 09-Sep-08 18:11:31

Hi Poppy, They use 4 pools in the area in Hampton, Twickenham, Teddington and Richmond. From what I remember, they do classes every day and all day Saturdays. Their number is 020 8255 7455 or web site www.springboardswimmers.com. Good luck!

poppy34 Wed 10-Sep-08 15:40:03

thanks hollie smile

Tapster Thu 11-Sep-08 11:26:39

I started the original thread and my DD has just started at springboard and she loves it, had to wait a term to get into a class but lovely teacher, small pool just what she needs.

AtheneNoctua Tue 16-Sep-08 17:24:11

I would recommend joining Amida. 'tis lovely for mummies too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now