St James primary or Sacred Heart?

(3 Posts)
HerculesMulligan Mon 13-Nov-17 15:26:19

For a bright, timid child with some mild social communication issues? We are almost certain to get into StJ's from here, but toured them both last week and were really wowed by the warmth of the atmosphere at SH.

VeraGrant Sat 18-Nov-17 22:33:20

All I can say is that every single time a child has left any of my children’s classes at St J’s the place has been filled by a SH child. Without fail!

The main reason cited is problems with behaviour management at SH, and everything that flows from that. Interestingly most of the children that have moved have been rather disruptive when they have arrived at St J, where discipline is a priority.

HerculesMulligan Sun 19-Nov-17 00:06:40

Goodness, that’s very interesting. Thanks for the reply, Vera. Do you mind if I ask how recent your experience is? I think both schools have pretty new heads, which makes them more of an unknown quantity. The impression I got from SH’s recent Ofsted was that the inspectors thought the new head (previously the deputy there) was turning the ship around well, after a weak head prior to her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now