Kings House, Richmond

(10 Posts)
Mum11111 Tue 10-Oct-17 19:59:01

Hi, looking at Kings House school in Richmond. Is parking around Kings House difficult at pick up time due to residents-only parking? Thanks,

monkey42 Tue 10-Oct-17 22:16:33

Hi, the residents only isn't an issue because if you are careful you can park in the Richmond card parking bays and buy scratch off cards at the newsagents at the bottom of the road. Most people don't bother
Also pick ups are staggered from 3 thru to 430 depending on age/games afternoons higher up the school.
It's worse in the morning but can easily be avoided by parking higher up kings road or in nearby streets, people drive so close to the school but if you have no mobility problems it's easy to avoid the traffic.

Mum11111 Wed 11-Oct-17 10:25:26

Thank you very much for your reply, I really appreciate it!

CalorieTowers Wed 11-Oct-17 11:26:28

It can be tricky at times in the morning but that can more often than not be down to someone parking their car awkwardly rather than having to walk two minutes to school and parking in an actual space. The secret is to get there about five minutes or so before doors open in the Junior Dept and you'll more often than not be absolutely fine or park a minute or two's walk away from the school. It gets much easier in the Senior Dept as they open the gates at 8am so drop offs are much more staggered. My DS likes going at 8 as he can have a play in the playground on the days he's not got a club before the day starts so it all works well for us!

CalorieTowers Wed 11-Oct-17 11:27:21

It's a fab school though - DS is very happy there and we really rate it!

Mum11111 Wed 11-Oct-17 11:39:38

Thank you so much, really helpful.
One more question: what's the catchment area for the school. We are based in Stamford Brook, is that unusually far compared to the majority of other children? Thank you again.

CalorieTowers Wed 11-Oct-17 13:35:55

No problems! I don't think it's overly far. There's a school bus route that comes from Chiswick so there are definitely boys coming from that direction. There's a healthy contingent from Barnes too with the rest being the general Richmond, East Twickenham, Kew area.

Mum11111 Wed 11-Oct-17 14:30:26

Thank you!

monkey42 Wed 11-Oct-17 18:56:05

Yes although people tended to live close by in r and y1 by the time you get to the higher years there were a number joining who lived in Hammersmith acton etc, it's doable and you would find others to lift share if you didn't want to use the school bus
Also the games pitches are at Chiswick so once they are in the seniors they finish there twice a week.
I am in my tenth year as a khs parent so a few things may have changed down in the early years

Mum11111 Wed 11-Oct-17 19:15:44

This is so useful, thank you very much for taking the time to post this. Very grateful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now