Anyone know a bit about St James' primary catchment?

(6 Posts)
Nyborg Wed 22-Mar-17 12:19:15

Practising Catholic child baptised at 2 months, no siblings. We currently live practically on the doorstep of the school and so would be as certain to get in as it's possible to be. But we're wondering about a move and looking at houses nearer St James' church. Presumably that would still be well within the usual perimeter of their catchment?

slkk Wed 22-Mar-17 20:22:21

I think so. Kids from Hampton go there.

twick13 Wed 22-Mar-17 20:58:27

If you mean St James church in strawberry hill I am sure you will be fine bug make sure you go to church lots and sign in so the priest can sign you attendance form when the time comes

Nyborg Wed 22-Mar-17 23:07:09

It has a specific admissions point for Hampton kids (from St Theodore's parish), I think, Sylk.

There's no issue about church attendance. We are regular attenders and well known in our parish since before DS was born so no problem there.

KMFTW1 Mon 27-Mar-17 10:06:13

Ask the office - they will tell you. I think if you go too far down Radnor Road towards Heath Road you will be out of catchment. Stay the strawberry hill side of the church.
There's also St Richard Reynolds Primary...

KMFTW1 Mon 27-Mar-17 10:08:06

There are 3 admissions catchments iirc
Twickenham (60 places) for St James's and St Francis de Sales parishes
Hampton (15 places) for St Theodore's
and St Margaret's (15 places)

The easiest place to get into is from St Margaret's as fewer applications.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now