Moving to Fulwell area - what's the parking like?

(5 Posts)
clockonthewall Thu 02-Mar-17 19:10:40

Hi all. First time poster here. We're looking at moving to the Fulwell area, within walking distance of the station but we're wondering what the on-street parking is like. Does it get clogged with commuters on weekdays? What's it like in the evenings and weekends? Has anyone ever tried to get a CPZ put in place or is it not really needed?

We're moving from an area where parking is a huge issue and don't want to get caught out again.

sheilafisher Thu 02-Mar-17 19:16:09

It can be a bit intense on the streets right on the station doorstep but I've always managed to get a space somewhere in the street. It could be tough if you are looking at the houses very closest to the station and need to park right at your door. A couple of streets away I've not noticed it being a problem.

pennymorris Thu 02-Mar-17 21:10:37

We live a couple of streets down from Fulwell station (Connaught Road), about 8 houses in from the main road and parking is tricky but not awful. You do get some commuters and people who work in Hampton Hill parking there during the day, but weekends are a lot quieter. There's always somewhere close-ish to park. I think once all the pavement/parking improvements on Hampton Hill High Street are finished (supposedly by the end of March) this should alleviate the parking issues, as it is creating a lot of extra spaces.

clockonthewall Sun 05-Mar-17 10:27:49

Thanks both. Have driven round a couple of times now and it looks a little busy near the station, but haven't done it during the day yet.

Ideally want a 1930s style house with off-street parking. I think there are some on the golf course side of the road aren't there? Any tips for good roads to keep an eye on appreciated.

Tiggywinkle25 Mon 06-Mar-17 18:31:01

To be honest the parking is pretty bad. My kids go to Stanley School nearby and the parents park on the Fulwell roads near the station to drop off/pick up kids and at those points it's just jammed. Driving around the roads can be a nightmare too - lots of reversing cos both cars can't pass. Mainly it's the roads near station/school that are particularly bad. Other roads in Fulwell are fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now