Teddington primaries - blackspot?

(5 Posts)
Teddingtonnewbie Thu 02-Feb-17 07:33:22

We're moving to Teddington (just off the High Street) and are looking into primaries for reception. I've heard rumours of blackspots around the High St and Broad St where children don't get into one of Collis, SMSP or Stanley. Does anyone know if this is true? If so, where do they go? We're the Waldegrave end if that helps.
Thanks very much for any advice!

propitia Thu 02-Feb-17 10:05:33

Think it is a black spot, bit you really need to call the school secretAries & look at the council allocation maps on the lbrut website.

twick13 Thu 02-Feb-17 15:23:18

Looks like past couple of years Collins was ok from there. Last year Sacred Heart had space. I have heard in previous years kids getting Buckingham in Hampton

Teddingtonnewbie Thu 02-Feb-17 16:54:03

Thanks both -that's helpful. The schools themselves haven't been that forthcoming with info. I think because the SMSP and Collins catchments differ so much year on year.
I wasn't aware of Buckingham so thanks. It's a long way away but looks good.
I suppose some of it depends on if Collins will offer 120 places again through a bulge year in 2018? If it doesn't, I'm guessing it's a no as they will have so many siblings from their last two bulge years!
Thanks again!

twick13 Thu 02-Feb-17 18:19:39

www.richmond.gov.uk/primary_admission.pdf
Page 29 and 30 maybe useful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now