Jack & Jill vs Newland House

(3 Posts)
LERichmond Wed 20-Jan-16 09:01:05

Advice needed for a local mum. Do you have a child/children at either of these prep schools? What has been your experience?

Thank you in advance.

twick13 Wed 27-Jan-16 18:31:03

No personal knowledge but things to consider j+j is on 3 sites. Some days drop of is in Hampton and pick up in Twickenham. As yet their juniors is unproven. All girls from reception up v mixed. Small v large.

nolongerayummymummy Tue 02-Feb-16 11:09:55

I do not have personal experience of Newland House but I can say that everyone I know with children there are very happy with it.

I agonised over my choice but in the end I chose Jack & Jill over Newland House for the following reasons:

It has 2 classes of 14 rather than 3 classes of 20 - 22 in each year group
My daughter is currently far happier in the company of girls
She is old for her year and happy to sit down and work in a traditional setting

I am absolutely delighted with Jack & Jill; I think it's brilliant, the staff are amazing and I'm really pleased I (finally) chose it. However, from what I've heard Newland House could well be better for some children. The afternoons at Jack & Jill are extremely fun and my daughter absolutely loves them but I get the feeling the mornings are full on and at such a young age that may not suit every child. My second child has a totally different personality so they'll be going to a different school as I do not feel Jack & Jill would be right for them.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now