Best prep schools in Twickenham, Richmond, Hampton, Kingston area

(7 Posts)
Emilie1 Thu 13-Aug-15 08:02:29

Hi everyone,

We are looking for an independent school for our son aged 8.

He is considered as a top achiever in his current school and we are looking for an academic school which will be challenging enough with good pastoral care.

The Mall School and Milbourne Lodge seem to be very good/academic and I was wondering whether these where the most academic schools around there.

I have also heard of Newland House, King's House, Falcons for Boys.

Also, if someone has insider knowledge of the Mall School, I would very much like to hear about it. How does it compare to Milbourne Lodge?

Your feedback is most welcome.

Many thanks

E

twick13 Sat 15-Aug-15 19:35:19

Colet court in Barnes is probably the most academic but might be too much of a journey for him.

MrsSalvoMontalbano Mon 17-Aug-15 08:35:10

If he is 8 its a bit late to be looking for a prep school so your choice is likely to be restricted to schools where they have not been able to fill places at 7+ and 8+.
Probably best to ring around so you can and narrow it down to those schools where there are still unfilled place.

bookwormA1 Sat 12-Sep-15 18:16:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bookwormA1 Sat 12-Sep-15 18:17:01

Hampton, that should say...I haven't got my reading glasses on!!

Icimoi Mon 14-Sep-15 21:44:47

Also try the junior section at King's College School, Wimbledon.

bookwormA1 Thu 31-Dec-15 09:43:23

Good preps include The Mall and Newland House. I privately coach boys from both for the top indie schools like Hampton and KCS...both schools are very good!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now