Mobile Beauty Therapist Business Advice

(4 Posts)
NatalieJDM Thu 06-Feb-14 18:30:25

Hi there, I am thinking of starting up a mobile beauty business in the East Sheen/Barnes/Richmond area, it would really help me if I could get some advise from local mums regarding this venture. As I Mum myself I know it can be hard to go and have a treatment with a tot in tow and thought this would be the perfect solution. I would come to the clients home and give a treatment such as a facial, manicure, tan, pedicure etc. No need to leave the house with a little one or arrange childcare. Also for NCT groups, Mums can get together and have treatments etc. so basically I would just like to have some feedback in whether local mums think there is a call for this and if so what treatments do you think should be offered. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

ceeveebee Thu 06-Feb-14 18:45:41

I think it's a good idea and I'd definitely be interested. I have 2 yo twins and find it hard to get time to have treatments. Mainly nails (shellac / gel), eyebrows and waxing for me.
As I work part time then evening appointments would be great, or during the day (nap times ideally)
Round here there are some high end places but also a lot of cheaper nail bars that only charge £20 for shellac though so you'd need to decide what you wanted to do on pricing. Personally I'd be willing to pay similar to/ higher than salon prices as saves me having to find childcare.
Good luck!

NatalieJDM Fri 07-Feb-14 07:44:48

Thank you so much for your advice and taking the time to reply. Shellac/Gel nails are def popular so will be offering that treatment, I am currently working out prices but I hope to be somewhere in between the cheap salons and the high end.
Well hopefully if there's a call for it I could be up and running in a couple of months, thanks again for your comments.

VictoriaBPhotography Wed 19-Feb-14 10:42:55

Hi Natalie,
Sounds like a great idea. I have a couple of thoughts for you. The first would be to get out there networking as soon as you have business cards. This is a great way for new businesses to get their name out there and spread the word about their services. There are loads of groups. I attend BNI in Weybridge myself, but there are many others at various times of the day and with varying fees.
The second thing is that I know Carolyn who runs Isis Beauty Academy in Walton. I'm not sure where you're at with qualifications etc, but Isis offer a whole range of courses, including refreshers and upskilling. It could be worth looking at. Carolyn is also a member of the networking group I attend and visitors are always welcome, so if you are keen to meet her and to try out networking, let me know.
Best of luck,
Victoria

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now