New to Barnes

(5 Posts)
Friendofthegruffalo Thu 13-Oct-11 11:40:03

I have recently moved to Barnes from Scotland and have 2 little boys aged 4 and 2. Having now negotiated the minefield that is getting your child into reception my 4 year old is now in reception class in Lowther although on waiting list for St Osmund's and Barnes Primary. Being new to the area I am looking for advice from anyone as to what are the best kids clubs in the area and am keen to meet up with other mums in the area. I should point out I am fairly new to Mumsnet and a little clueless on how to use it just now - found the threads here today and decided to bite the bullet and post a message so fingers crossed this has worked! Any general top tips and advice would be so helpful! grin

ScarIettOHara Fri 14-Oct-11 18:57:12

Hi

I'm also new to the area - why don't you go to Mortlake Hall and ask about the activities on there for young children that you can sign up to... Think they have something called Monkey Music classes and a play group. Good luck smile

Friendofthegruffalo Tue 18-Oct-11 14:10:36

Thanks scarlett - that is helpful - a music class would be something my youngest would love!

lililolo Fri 21-Oct-11 23:35:42

I think my daughter is in your son's class - does his name begin with F? My daughter is C**a! Shall we have a coffee one morning after half term and I can tell you about the things I used to do with her? We had a lot of fun and I am really missing having a pre-schooler!! Barnes is a great place for small kids.

Kitty2011 Sun 23-Oct-11 15:24:14

I also live in Barnes and have a little boy aged 3.5. There are loads of great things to do here - my little one loves the football classes at Rock's Lane. Definitely worth checking out if you have 2 boys!
There are also loads of music classes - we loved going to Babybop and Monkey Music at Kitson Hall. Happy to meet for a coffee/chat sometime to discuss more if you like!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now