Need 8-10-year-olds to review my children's book in return for signed copy

(6 Posts)
KarenInglis Tue 30-Aug-11 13:55:06

Hello all - I thought I'd just posted this message but now can't see it anywhere, so apologies in advance if it appears twice!

I'm a local children's author in Barnes and have just self-published my first children's book 'The Secret Lake' to Amazon.

Before I market it actively I'm looking for a few reviews for it - either from children of age 8-10 (or thereabouts), or from a parent/adult who enjoys reading children's fiction.

To find out a bit more about the story you can visit its website at thesecretlake.com

If this looks like the type of story youy child (or you!) would enjoy and you think they/you would be prepared to write a short review, please email me at kpinglis@wellsaid.co.uk to find out more (or contact me via my profile).

I have 3 copies to give away in return for reviews and will be happy to sign them! I'll be doing a reading at Castelnau library on Oct 9th and will post more about that nearer the time.

Best wishes, Karen Inglis

nelehluap Tue 30-Aug-11 20:21:47

My DD1 who is 12yrs old loves to read and I'm sure she would love to read your book and give her thoughts on it. smile

KarenInglis Tue 30-Aug-11 21:38:36

Hello there - that sounds great - would you be able to ask her to take a look at the website and then let me know if she thinks it's something she'd like to do? There are a few sample chapters which will give her a feel for the type of story... to see if it's something she would find enjoyable...

Fantastic if she were interested. (Just one thing I'd need to check is that she realises that it's aimed at a slightly younger age group than herself, so in reviewing it would need to take that into consideration (if that makes sense!). I know they all grow up so quickly these days! That said, my teenage niece enjoyed reading it when I first wrote it!

If it still sounds of interest could you tell me how to email you? I find this site a bit confusing to navigate around and have just clicked on your name but not found out how to email you directly!

Best wishes, Karen

nelehluap Wed 31-Aug-11 20:27:59

Hi - yes DD1 has read through the link and yes she'd love to read it please - definitely her type of book!...if you click on 'message poster' on the right hand side of where my name is on here.....next to 'add message' and 'report' it will allow you to email me....or you can email me on my email address which is...phek32@hotmail.com smile

KarenInglis Wed 31-Aug-11 23:58:39

Hi there - great news! I have just sent you an email. smile Let me know here if it doesn't arrive.

Karen

nelehluap Thu 01-Sep-11 07:57:38

Thank you! Email rec'd and replied to. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now