Gyms/ health clubs with creches?

(10 Posts)
Lordster Mon 29-Aug-11 17:23:00

Hi - I'm due to go on maternity leave soon & in bid to get out of the house & tone up post birth, am looking for a local gym/ health club/ classes that has a creche. Any ideas?
I know that Pools in the Park did many years ago, but alas no more sad
Alternatively any recommendations for mother/ baby pilates classes etc?

Piglet08 Mon 29-Aug-11 21:28:05

Hi I run general, pregnancy and mother and baby Pilates classes in Richmond at the Vineyard Church and in Twickenham at Holy Trinity Church on Twickenham Green. Please have a look at my website www.performpilates.co.uk. Hopefully speak or see you soon but if not good luck!

Ktay Mon 29-Aug-11 21:30:17

Haven't tried classes/creche out myself but I think there's one at Cedars (Richmond Hill Hotel)

sfxmum Mon 29-Aug-11 21:36:14

Brentford Leisure Centre has a creche but have no idea of quality of said creche as my dd is well past that stage, however the other facilities are perfectly acceptable and quite cheap by comparison here

KatieMiddleton Mon 29-Aug-11 21:38:23

All my friends use Virgin Active in Twickenham. But they are shits not terribly good. The declined a bind acquaintance of mine membership and messed about a local charity.

However, a crèche is a rare thing in Richmond so overlook all else but don't expect q great service.

Gastonladybird Mon 29-Aug-11 21:40:33

I think the david Lloyd near Hampton has a good creche but think it starts at 3 months or there are the buggy fit classes (always found them terrifyingly like school games but they are on Twickenham green buhy park and I think Richmond park)

Kewcumber Tue 30-Aug-11 12:33:14

Cedars has a creche (near Richmond park) but you have to be a member.

Lordster Wed 31-Aug-11 14:23:40

Hi - thanks for all the advice. Afraid that Twickenham/ Hampton is a bit too much of a trek for me. Piglet08 - thanks have already seen your website and looks great - was going to sign up once I had got my life in order worked out when I will have recovered!
Does anyone have any feedback on Cedars too? I love gym/ swimming but obviously would need to deposit bundle of fun with them.

Lordster Wed 31-Aug-11 14:25:27

sfxmum - brilliant, Brentford creche is from 6 weeks! Thanks v much.

Kewcumber Wed 31-Aug-11 23:20:58

Sorry am a member of cedars nut have never used the Beecher. Will ask around.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now