Babygroups Twickenham

(10 Posts)
minesarioja Mon 22-Aug-11 14:47:32

Does anyone know of any groups, preferably cheap or free, that run before 12.00 or after 2.30? Jo Jingles is a little pricey at £6 and with afternoon naps I find it really hard to get there. I'm ideally looking for a way of meeting other mums and where my baby can play a bit and look around. My NCT friends have gone back to work so it's just me and my 11 month-old now with No.2 on the way in January. So I need to get out and keep busy. Thanks!

Strix Mon 22-Aug-11 15:04:15

Holy Trinity (on the Green) runs one in term time on Thursdays. www.holytrinitytwickenham.org/pages/groups.html

minesarioja Mon 22-Aug-11 18:45:13

That's perfect. Thanks for the link, Strix.

vbus Mon 22-Aug-11 20:18:33

There is also crane community centre on Tuesday a bit chaotic but both mine loved it there. Salvation army used to do one on Monday don't know of that one is still going. There is really good one around or on Radnor Road. My memory a bit patchy as haven't been to these places for years so hope this info is up to date! The holy trinity one is really good.

MagicLJS Tue 23-Aug-11 21:37:18

There's one on at the church near marble hill park. It's 10 til 12 I think and about £2.50 per child, which includes a drink and biscuit for the kids too! It's on Fridays, maybe also another day during the week but can't remember which I'm afraid. It's a really nice one, very well run with lots of toys and activities.

Ktay Wed 24-Aug-11 10:11:45

Oranges and Lemons at All Hallows on the A316 is good too (Thursday mornings)

Jasbro Fri 26-Aug-11 18:13:43

Stay and Play at Welcare on Twickenham Green runs every Tuesday and Wednesday morning 9.30-11.30. It's a lovely playgroup for that age group, usually plenty of babies, not just toddlers. They have a healthy snack time and then at the end there is singing and instruments. Drop into the Children's Centre at Welcare and they will register you, then you just turn up and pay £1.

You may also want to try the playgroup at the Methodist Church on Queens Road, central Twickenham - it's on term times 10-4 on Thursday and I think 12-4 on Friday though maybe the Friday one is being cancelled - I'm not quite sure. It's more or less free, you can make a donation when you have a cup of tea!

There's so much to do that's not too expensive - a great place to look that's usually very up to date is www.forsanityssake.com/page/full-calendar

minesarioja Fri 26-Aug-11 19:46:25

Thanks for all your responses. There's a world of opportunity out there. Perhaps see you there some time.

gegs73 Fri 26-Aug-11 19:50:03

Can second the one at Crane Community Centre, Meadway from about 9.30 until about 11.30 on Tuesday mornings. Its normally packed so you need to get there early but its really friendly and reasonable.

Piglet08 Wed 31-Aug-11 20:35:24

Hi I can highly recommend the stay and play at Welcare on a Wednesday morning. My little boy loves it and the lady that runs it is great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now