Nurseries in East Sheen

(7 Posts)
GlobeGirl Wed 17-Aug-11 13:39:45

Hi all, I've finally gotten round to joining Mumsnet last night! Sorry in advance if this question is a repeat: Just after Christmas I will be moving to East Sheen and would like to join a nursery but not really familiar with the ones in this area confused. It needs to be one that has long opening hours, so not the ones where you have to pick them up at lunch times and then after 3pm again!! I have seen one on the internet called Working Mums, and also Top of the Class - - has anyone got any experience of either of these? My baby will be just more than 1 year old. Any advice would be much appreciated smile

SCBC Wed 17-Aug-11 19:26:13

Hi, I live in Mortlake and am looking for the exact same thing! would you mind letting me know if someone gets back to you, and I will do the same? Many thanks.

GlobeGirl Wed 17-Aug-11 19:35:06

Ok will do. Thanks

Kewjumping Thu 18-Aug-11 11:33:58

Hi there. DS (3.3) goes to Working Mums and has done since he was 10 months. He goes four days a week to the branch that is in the old school and one day a week to the branch in St Marys. The St Marys venue is a temporary one until they move into new premises above Waitrose which I think is happening later this year. I can honestly say I've never had any cause to complain or any concerns about them. They do some really creative stuff with the children, make lots of effort to involve the parents and keep us informed of what the children are up to as well as running little events throughout the year like summer BBQ's, carol concerts and Easter bonnet parades. They've always made time to chat at the end of the day, I've always felt able to ask even the daftest questions about DS and discuss any concerns I have about him. I looked at nurseries that were closer to home but WM stood out for me. Equally as important, DS absolutely loves it there, has made some great friends and has bonded so well with the staff (who seem to be a good mix of younger ones and more mature staff). They genuinely seem to enjoy working with children and the balance between being firm/ setting boundaries, developing their skills and having fun seems to be pretty spot on. Their premises might not look as flashy as some of the other local nurseries (although the new premises look good!) but they are cosy and welcoming.

Sorry, it probably sounds as if I work for them, I honestly don't! I just wanted to try and give you as much information as I can down for you.

HTH

GlobeGirl Thu 18-Aug-11 13:48:49

Thank you - this is very helpful actually. I like all the detail you gave. I know all about the nurseries in my current area and know things such as which nurseries are the most creative and which are more like just "child minders" (for want of a better term), but as I say, I'm just not familiar with the ones in East Sheen. I will see if I can make an appointment at Working Mums to have a look around...
Many thanks!

SCBC Thu 18-Aug-11 13:55:17

Me too many thanks for all the information, really helpful!

Kewjumping Fri 19-Aug-11 13:00:40

No problems and good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now