New to Teddington

(8 Posts)
SnapJack Fri 12-Aug-11 21:45:25

Hi....we're new to the Teddington area having just moved back to the UK after many yrs abroad.

Looking for opportunities to meet other mums and families before school starts. Does anyone know of any organised (or informal) gatherings where the kids can play and I can meet some friendly locals?

My kids are 8 and 6 and will be starting at St Mary's and St Peter's next term.

Any suggestions or invitations welcome...! Many thanks.

hester Fri 12-Aug-11 21:48:37

You want to meet for a coffee? smile If so, PM me. (The last time I responded to a post like this, I made friends with one of the nicest women ever.)

I'm not a St M&P mum, but I know a few. My godchildren are there; they are aged 8 and 6 too.

I have dcs aged rising 2 and 6.

Kewcumber Fri 12-Aug-11 23:29:21

a friedn of mine is a teddington mum on mn "vbus" but she's on holiday at the moment.

HEster she think that you and her were househunting at the same time - I think you looked at the same houses!

We will be going to the adventure playground at marble hill a few times over the holidays if you want to join us. I have a nearly 6 yr old boy.

hester Fri 12-Aug-11 23:47:07

That's funny, kew - you must tell me who she is! I have got friendly with one woman (our children are in school together) who ended up moving into a house I viewed.

Hey, can I come along to Marble Hill too?

Kewcumber Fri 12-Aug-11 23:56:19

Of course (and I'm aware I owe you an email re dates we are around but am away at the moment back MOnday...)

vbus Mon 22-Aug-11 20:39:16

Hello

Back from hols now!
Playground usually a good place to meet people. I have a friend whose kids are at St M&P. PM if you want to meet. I'm sure you'll meet lots of parents once term starts too

Hester - From KC's description I think my husband met you when we were house hunting, you must live round the corner from me grin My kids are 5 and 2. let me know when you're going to adventrue playground I'll try and join you smile

hester Mon 22-Aug-11 22:38:40

Ok ladies, I'm on holiday next week so free every day except Wednesday. Anyone up for a meet-up next Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday? I'm happy to do picnic in Bushy Park, or any of the Teddington playgrounds (back to my place for tea if it rains). And I'm DYING to know who Mr vbus is and what house he and Mrs vbus ended up in. Oh, and what school mini-vbus goes to.

SnapJack - you still there?

vbus Tue 23-Aug-11 21:23:11

Hester/snapjack - Sounds good, I'm free next Tues afternoon, 3ish is good after DS2's nap. Is that ok for everyone? Happy with playground or Bushy, don't mind.

I'm curious too about you grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now