Speech therapist recommendations?

(4 Posts)
Stockley Sat 02-Jul-11 15:00:02

Hi - I'm wondering if anyone could recommend a private speech therapist somewhere in the SW London area. My 8 year old DD has a 'lateral lisp' which she's had since she learned to talk. Her speech used to be very unclear and has now improved, but she still sounds much younger than her classmates and I do think this and the lisp (sh/ch problems mainly) aren't doing her any favours socially. We got her to see a speech therapist via the school SENCO, but as her issues are fairly minor they just gave her a lot of exercises to do at home and she's quite unmotivated so it hasn't gone that well. I thought a couple of months of regular appointments would probably be more helpful. From what I've read it's better to treat this as it's unlikely to go away on its own.

Thanks for your help.

castlesintheair Fri 08-Jul-11 11:29:09

I'd recommend Olga Bonnard, Katie Yoe or Helena Adari. Also Caroline Standing or Karen Rivlin meant to be good. You can get their details from the SALT website helpwithtalking.com

Stockley Sun 10-Jul-11 23:09:22

That's great - thank you very much.

expat123 Sat 10-Sep-11 18:41:37

I can also recommend Helena Adari - she's fantastic and will come to your house for sessions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now