Secondary school admissions?

(6 Posts)
Rainbow01 Tue 10-May-11 21:56:52

Hi All, does anyone know if you live in Richmond borough and your nearest school comes under Hounslow borough, could that be the school you are given?? Also which is the best secondary school in richmond? christ? orleans? etc.....

Suzihaha Sun 15-May-11 21:24:20

You can apply to schools in Richmond and Hounslow. So, technically, you could end up with one offer from Richmond and one from Hounslow.

Rainbow01 Thu 19-May-11 21:00:04

Ok, great thanks smile

Kewcumber Fri 20-May-11 13:04:37

"best" is so subjective though. Don't you just visit, review results and choose the one thats bext for your child and keep your fingers crossed that they'll get in. It depends so much on what subjectthey are good at etc. Besides the chances of you being offered secondary schools on opposite sides of the borough like CHrists and Orleans are, I would have thought, vanishingly rare.

And you will only be "given" a school if you apply for it (unless you can't get into any you apply for)

willow Thu 16-Jun-11 08:32:21

Coming in to this very late, but Suzihaha is wrong. There is a clearing system now to ensure that you only get one offer. You rank schools in order of preference on one form/online application (regardless of whether they fall in different boroughs). Once the offers come out, you will be offered the highest ranking school on your list that you qualify for. You need to be realistic though. There is no point applying for schools that you have no hope of getting in to (unless you are happy to stay on waiting lists until the last minute!) because if you don't qualify for any of the schools on your list you will be offered a school of the council's choosing. (Essentially, the one they think you qualify for... which might be very different to your choice) It sounds more complicated than it is, but have to say this past year still one of most stressful since becoming a parent - if only because of the terminable wait for offers!

Rainbow01 Fri 24-Jun-11 20:09:44

Thankyou for all that helpful info. willowsmile I am dreading it, i have to apply this September....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now