(1001 Posts)
sfxmum Tue 08-Mar-11 15:42:26

thought I would start a new one

dustythedolphin Tue 08-Mar-11 16:33:08

Which books did you buy? Am always nosey about what people read

sfxmum Tue 08-Mar-11 16:41:02

summer reads mostly

The Passage by Justin Cronin
The widow's tale by Mick Jackson (I liked his The Underground man)
The champion by Tim Binding (I liked his A perfect execution)
also a copy of Atwood's The Edible Woman

UptoapointLordCopper Tue 08-Mar-11 17:22:30

Hello!

Am reading Henry James interspersed with light detective novels. grin

Talking about Atwood, somebody borrowed my Handmaid's Tale and now it's gone gone gone. sad Must buy new copy.

Kewcumber Tue 08-Mar-11 20:05:15

no, not books - pancakes PANCAKES PEOPLE!

Chicken pancakes with spring onions, carrots and a cheese sauce were a big sucess and though I say so myself very yummy. Reminded me that I can actually cook.

UptoapointLordCopper Wed 09-Mar-11 11:43:38

Good morning!

New cleaner today. Complained about how filthy our house is. shockgrin Precisely why we employ a cleaner.

Self-inflating mat arrived. How to test? Shall I sleep on it tonight?

vbus Wed 09-Mar-11 13:15:02

Hello all

Found you!

Dusty - how v. exciting, can't wait to hear about it when you're ready to reveal your new venture smile

Copper - Self inflate and sleep on it, easy test wink reminds me, I need to get some mats for the DC

Sfx- books look interesting

Pancake party went well but messy as predicted grin still, the kiddies all enjoyed themselves

sfxmum Wed 09-Mar-11 17:18:04

hello

copper yes test them mine need pimps gives you a workoutgrin

vbus glad party went well here the kids were only interested in flipping them, not so much in the eating, so much the better they were tasty

last night's food delivery was late by over an hr apparently the van was involved in a crash, woke up dd, I was elsewhere babysitting

today went to visit aunt, but police had closed nearby stations so had a couple of buses to get me to Hammersmith then trek back hone, still wasn't too bad

must cook now and get child to bed early, she is clearly sleep cranky deprived

UptoapointLordCopper Wed 09-Mar-11 18:17:24

Hello!

Went to get football boots and passport photos. So tiring having running commentaries on everything, especially commentaries that require responding.

shock at anyone not interested in eating pancakes!

Self-inflating mat has to be "helped" first time round with puffs of breath. After that it's supposed to be self-inflating. We'll see. In any case absolutely no pimps required (or even allowed). grin

sfxmum Wed 09-Mar-11 18:39:20

copper blimey I don't actually travel with pimpsgrin although I seem to have been in the 'hood today shooting

glad I did not leave at the usual time

vbus Wed 09-Mar-11 20:19:27

Sfx - pimps? confused grin
Shooting is scary

Coper - mine's the same, start blwoing and then it should be fine, it's pretty comfy

DS1 is massively tired too, when does the tiredness stop?

Going to finally see Black Swan tom, hope it's as good as the hype (also hope I can stay awake!)

sfxmum Wed 09-Mar-11 20:42:51

vbus hope it lives up to expectations if you stay awake wink

I am terribly excited have stuff booked for 27/03 Roddy woomble, then 1/05 Billy Bragg, 13/05 Sufjan Stevens (yeah hard to get tickets)

now looking for something in April

neighbour went to see a preview of Neil LaBute's new play with Matthew Fox (Lost) and Olivia Williams (6th sense) she loved it but not sure if only because she is such a massive fan of his

be great to see everyone Saturday must make note of restaurant, forgot which one it was

UptoapointLordCopper Wed 09-Mar-11 20:59:45

Nearly forgot about Saturday! Will be great to see everybody.

vbus - are self-inflating really more comfy than airbeds? I didn't sleep well on airbed last time but it was a double and I slept next to DS2 who must have dreamt of kickboxing... I've ordered one to try first.

tillyfernackerpants Wed 09-Mar-11 21:05:31

Hi all,

sfx, have The Passage on my Kindle to read, enjoyed Edible Woman

vbus, did you enjoy Black Swan?

UptoapointLordCopper Wed 09-Mar-11 21:10:54

Have to switch of Master Chef now. I don't know who in their right mind would let anyone else take charge in their kitchens. Not me.

dustythedolphin Wed 09-Mar-11 22:33:30

grin @ PIMPS

Where are you going for fabby night out? envy

Wish I could find the time to read....finding it hard to get into anything

Vbus we have bought a famoooos music venue (licensed) shock

sfxmum Thu 10-Mar-11 11:27:40

copper I think your cleaner would leave my house in disgustblush am currently tackling dust

doplhin not sure where we are going, some place in Richmond
btw I have ideas for bookings but only if I can go toogrin one might be a 1:1 affair grin

UptoapointLordCopper Thu 10-Mar-11 11:44:27

Dusty - night out at Italian restaurant in Richmond. But you have your famoooos music venue (licensed) and we don't. (Do we?) Tell more?

sfx - my policy on dust: leave it where you can see it. Never trust dust.

DS1's class assembly. Wish they won't sing sentimental pop songs. Drives me up the wall. But that might be just me ... They do sing very well. But the choice!!!! We used to sing "Where have all the flowers gone" and "Blowin' in the wind". grin

vbus Thu 10-Mar-11 14:02:02

Dusty - that's really exciting, congrats smile smile hope your plans go well

Sfx- bookings? we have Peter Kay coming up, should be good fun

Tilly - film is tonight can't wait!

Copper - have started watching masterchef again, much better now but it's all gone a bit Apprentice hmm I quite liked the blind test, that was interesting

UptoapointLordCopper Thu 10-Mar-11 14:27:21

vbus - which self-inflating mat do you recommend? Discount card has arrived so shopping tonight!

vbus Thu 10-Mar-11 14:47:55

Copper - I have a Women's Thermarest mat but don't ask me which model as I bought it years ago, I paid about £50. They are expensive but as I said pretty comfy. Last time I used it I was 5mths pregnant and I slept surprisingly well. It's well worth they money for a good night's sleep. Let me know if you want to can try mine out 1st before you part with your cash

sfxmum Thu 10-Mar-11 17:41:55

that looks comfy vbus and comedy sounds great, reminds me a saw a Richard herring advance booking notice somewhere,think dh would like that, or maybe Steward Lee

copper I like your philosophy

made another batch of the raw cake, I roll it into little balls and freeze, yummy with coffee

there is a parents drinks evening tonight but dh likely late and training this evening, more looking forward to Saturday

sfxmum Thu 10-Mar-11 17:42:52

link to evening details here

Kewcumber Thu 10-Mar-11 19:04:41

Copper I have a "fat eric" they do thin ones too and I find it great very comfy (as camping mattresses go)

Kewcumber Thu 10-Mar-11 19:05:56

ll self respecting mattresses need a little oral help.

This thread is not accepting new messages.