New to East Sheen

(16 Posts)
Ribeana Wed 16-Feb-11 20:09:17

Hi. I am moving to East Sheen next week and was wondering where local mums tend to meet....coffee shops ect. Are there many mums and baby / toddler groups? I have a 2.5year old and 9 month old twins! Very keen to meet up with other local mums for sanity!!

completelybonkers Fri 18-Feb-11 13:08:23

There'll be plenty to do on your doorstep, I promise.

Tiny Teddies at the Library on first and third Thursday of each month at 11am.

Storytime (under 5s)at the Library on Wednesdays at 2pm.

Check at the library to see what goes on in the hall in the same building (music class, I think).

For music, try http://www.kiddie-quavers.co.uk for pre-schooler music class.

"Songs and Stories" at All Saints Church 10am Wednesday and at Christ Church 10am Thursday morning. If you're not "religious" it doesn't matter!

Drop-in play session from 10am at the Baptist Church on Temple Sheen Road.

Nearer to East Sheen Primary School is Elim Pentecostal which has another drop-in session (not sure of day and time).

Palewell park swings; playground by Mortlake Station.

Lots of coffee shops where mums frequently meet which all appear very child-friendly.

Things like Push Babies in Richmond Park.

I would advise you to get nursery places sorted as soon as possible as they seem to get snapped up very quickly.

My boys are 16(!) and 6 so a lot of your age-group things are behind me now but I do know that Sheen is a very family-friendly place, with plenty to do without getting in the car, and you'll soon get to meet lots of people.

Also check out what's on offer in Mortlake just the other side of the railway.

Good luck with the move - whereabouts will you be?

Belltree Fri 18-Feb-11 20:38:09

I second that - it's about as family friendly round here as you can get. It's definitely a good idea to join a music group or something where you go regularly and get to know people. Also if your 2.5 year old is going to nursery in the near future, that's a great source of companionship.

Another playgroup that was a lifesaver for me (also a few years ago, but I know it still goes on) was Mortlake Hall, which is every weekday morning. I think it's recently had a makeover too.

Good luck!

jcandps Mon 21-Feb-11 18:41:37

Welcome to East Sheen. Christchurch's Songs and Stories is very friendly on a Thursday morning at 10am so do check that one out. People will be bound to help you out if you come in with 3!

Ribeana Tue 22-Feb-11 20:29:58

Thanks everyone! I feel much better now....

scrumblemum Wed 02-Mar-11 19:40:58

I've also recently moved to East Sheen and found this thread trying to find out what playgroups there are - unlike most other areas of current life, these kind of places don't have sophisticated internet sites so it's proving difficult to find them! Lucky for sites like mumsnet

I've recently discovered the ones below but haven't been to them all...

Pinxies on Friday morning in the church on Vernon Road - music group for babies (think it's 10am) I haven't been yet as my two (also 10 month old twins) keep getting ill!!

- The baptist church on Temple Sheen Road has a mums and toddlers play session on Tuesday monrning from 10am - this one I've been to and it's really friendly and relaxed

- Little shepherds (on Upper Richmond Road near the Garden Centre) - every Wednesday from 9.30am - was going to go this morning until one of the twins vomited her breakfast up....

Ribeana - let me know if you want to meet up at one of these in the next few weeks - we could swap twin horror stores, although with a toddler too I'm sure you've got more than me

patsnowy Fri 16-Sep-11 20:16:06

dear mums
I'm looking for mums to meet in East Sheen too. I work full time but am pretty flexible on weekends and feel a bit lonely as I feel I cant do coffee mornings or toddle groups in the week. Not sure how to meet anyone really or if any mums want to be friends with a full time working mum?

nata1982 Tue 27-Sep-11 12:33:24

Hi, I live in east sheen, I have a 21 month old son, if any mums wish to meet for coffee or playgroup please message back xx

patsnowy Tue 04-Oct-11 13:21:54

HI nata1982 I would like to meet up. My daughter is 21 months too! I work full time though am free on the weekend if you are?

x
patsnowy

rrf Tue 04-Oct-11 17:28:36

Hi, I have an 18 month old daughter, and live in east sheen, be good to meet other mums to go to these playgroups with! PM me if you are interested in a coffee/playgroup thing in the week, or on the weekend

Jenny70 Tue 04-Oct-11 17:54:11

Story explorers is also excellent on Sheen side of Richmond, can book in on casual basis (so no need to commit to every week)...

http://www.storyexplorers.co.uk/

JennyH

GenevieveR Tue 04-Oct-11 20:23:43

Hi, I am also a working mum who would like to meet on weekends - Patsnowy or anyone else interested?? My daughter is 18 months.

patsnowy Wed 05-Oct-11 14:33:05

GenevieveR: Yes would love to! Am pretty free this coming weekend actually and was definitely thinking of going to the library with my daughter, maybe a coffee would be nice at some point? When suits? I'm pretty flexible all weekend.

patsnowy

jcandps Wed 05-Oct-11 19:34:57

Check out this website started by a local mum which lists all the lovely things to do in the area.

newsfromjuliana.wordpress.com/

Also a new website for Richmond is For Sanitys Sake - www.forsanityssake.com/ althought not East Sheen specific

nata1982 Wed 12-Oct-11 07:51:39

Hi well there seems a few of us so why don't we all try to arrange a meet up together maybe one Saturday morning x

patsnowy Wed 12-Oct-11 16:13:10

How about Saturday 22nd or 29th?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now