Talk

Advanced search

Calling all mums in North-West Ireland

(56 Posts)
LornaG Sat 28-Jul-07 10:50:49

I left a similar message on the main site message board but hoped I might find a mum or 2 up my way on the local site.

sobloodystupid Mon 11-May-09 09:14:12

hello suiledonn smile. great to have another munster woman here! lookin forward to chattin more later going to the garden now while we can..

PinkTulips Mon 11-May-09 12:01:53

am off out here too, too nice a day to waste..... hope we get a few more of them than last year!

sobloodystupid Mon 11-May-09 19:49:56

meant to be going to the Cliffs of Moher tomorrow. So knackered now, I'm hoping for rain. blush.

KnickKnack Tue 12-May-09 21:26:28

Ah ha found my local Been on mumsnet for 5 years shock but never remember to come on here!
Hurrah for the ongoing sunshine.

PinkTulips Tue 12-May-09 21:54:21

hey knickknack... finally we're getting a few more bods in here, the tumbleweed was in danger of taking over completey.

btw... could i put on my tsarina hat for a moment and ask you all to do a couple of mumsnet local recomendation thingy's? our map is practically empty and there's not a huge amount of local things i can put on to fill it up but if we all put in one or two it might look a bit busier and entice some more people in. (nothing to do with me wanting to win most improved MN local site or anything wink)

Doodle2U Wed 13-May-09 10:12:52

Anyone familiar with Boyle/Ballymote/Gurteen/Ballaghadreen?

If so, can i chat with you lot?

I live in Manchester but my family comes from the above and I go over a few times a year.

<Following PinkTulips around in Stalker hat> grin

PinkTulips Wed 13-May-09 10:19:30

<<<dons mac and dark glasses and ducks behind tree to evade doodle>>>

wink

that would be my neck of the woods, oddly enough i have cousins in Manchester, going over in a few weeks for a wedding!

does anyone happen to know where the 045 area code is from? just got a call from an 045 number but my crappy reception meant i couldn't hear who was on the line, frantically trying to figure out who it was now.

sobloodystupid Wed 13-May-09 12:26:23

I think it is Wicklow or Kildare area PT. Couldn't swear to it though.
I will look into local recommendation stuff sure enough.

PinkTulips Wed 13-May-09 14:47:54

that's even more baffling, i don't know anyone in that area and can't think what it is! they haven't rung back and i've no damn credit.

doodle, whereabouts do you stay in the area? i'm just outside ballaghaderreen, would be great to meet up next time you're over

KnickKnack Wed 13-May-09 18:09:32

PT, If you google the entire phone number you can (sometimes) find out who it is. Try both "all one word" as it were, and "045, space, then rest of number"including inverted commas.
ie 04512345 and "045 12345"

Will try to think of some local recommendations soon!

PinkTulips Wed 13-May-09 18:50:10

i love you knickknack grin

twas husse, the pet food company, i asked for info on becoming a distributer so must have been about that.

KnickKnack Wed 13-May-09 19:24:16

aww shucks I heart you too grin

KerryMumbles Thu 14-May-09 21:32:23

hallo hallo hallo from kerry

PinkTulips Fri 15-May-09 09:58:53

whoops, told you to come over here then dp wanted to watch lost and i forgot to post grin

how's everyone doing on this glorious irish summers day? hmmgrin

dp took my car to a job interview in letterkenny so i've just had to use his to get dd to playschool.... damn thing hates me!

sobloodystupid Fri 15-May-09 12:32:15

hoping dh takes a half day today. Weather is, ahem, wet and windy grin. Planning to snuggle up in front of fire and sleep later on. ds and dd both asleep - bliss. local lection mania down here in Clare, have dragged in unsuspecting candidates for tea and slightly out-of-date cake, they won't be back!

boomirrin Fri 15-May-09 12:56:23

Hi all, I never knew there was a local site - just saw on another thread I was lurking on!
I am from Co.Monaghan, have lived here for 11 years but am orginally from south coast in UK.
God I am so sick of the rain!

sobloodystupid Fri 15-May-09 13:02:27

Hey boomirrin, I worked with a lovely girl from Castleblayney a few years ago (that is Monaghan isn't it?) grin

PinkTulips Fri 15-May-09 15:34:00

only candidate we've had so far was our CWO and we like him, he's always been great to us so wasn't any hassle. and he only popped round on his own, not with a 10 strong entourage like some of them do!

think we may have dumped our neighbours in it though.... they moved in about 4 months ago and clearly have keys to the house behind us as well and the kids who moved into that house call them 'the landlords'. when he asked who was living on the estate now (only half the houses are occupied) i said; 'just us and the ones at the end and their tenants in the house behind us'... next thing yer one walks out of her house and he gets areally suspicious look and goes 'i know her, that's debbie flynn.... she can't own that house [behind]!' me... 'erm, well the kids call her the landlord so.......'

ooops, methinks someone was claiming rent allowance on the sly. not that i feel paticularily guilty seeing as they're scummy feckers who burn their rubbish, let their terriers terrorise our kids and are rude as fuck wink

boomirrin Fri 15-May-09 20:36:47

Message withdrawn

KnickKnack Fri 15-May-09 21:55:58

re: boomirrin's earlier post, I heard this earlier...
Ireland, It'd be a lovely little country if only you could roof it grin

suiledonn Fri 15-May-09 21:59:13

I second the roof idea. Was at a wedding in Cork yesterday and the rain.... what a nightmare. It was so bad it caused us to skip the pub and head straight to the hotel as we couldn't even get out of the car.

PinkTulips Sat 16-May-09 13:19:57

they should do what they do in canada and build underground tunnels from building to building so we don't have to go out in the elements... rain is worse than a bit of snow afterall

sobloodystupid Sat 16-May-09 14:10:13

freaky boomirrin!. The girl in question,well, I think her family run the PO in CB. <<you're not her are you!>>

boomirrin Sat 16-May-09 23:48:07

Message withdrawn

boomirrin Sat 16-May-09 23:49:39

Oops, how come when I've had a glass of wine I go overboard with the !!!s? blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now