Talk

Advanced search

Where are all my cailiní?

(51 Posts)
PinkTulips Tue 26-Jun-07 18:54:52

just found this and i'm shocked i beat ye all to it.

c'mon girls, by the time i get back after my house move i expect to see ye all nattering on here!

galwaygal Thu 11-Sep-08 12:26:17

Gosh new year is here and still only Pinktulips interested in the bar!!!!!!

PinkTulips Thu 24-Apr-08 10:40:40

castlebar even.... wonder who put that space there?

[looks accusingly over her shoulder]

grin

PinkTulips Thu 24-Apr-08 10:39:22

Well now that i'm back i'm gonna put my tsarina boots on and give ye all a kick up the ass to organise this meetup

Castle bar sounds great to me but then i'm predjudiced as i'm only 30 mins from there lol

galwaygal Thu 20-Dec-07 14:57:32

I think that a meet-up would be great, considering so many of us are from west and north how about somewhere like Castlebar??? Fairly easy to get to from Dub too, even though a bit of a journey.

It was last sept the proposal for a meetup was made so I don't suppose many of us check this site often. But if you do, how about meeting in the new year?

AbRoller Tue 18-Sep-07 15:23:19

Ladies I think we should have a meet up. What do you think? Possible?

annieatno4 Sun 02-Sep-07 13:11:32

Hi all,
Enniscorthy calling.......

chipmonkey Sat 30-Jun-07 21:10:45

I thought it was inadvisable to wear knickers at oxegen, toesh!

Galwaygal Sat 30-Jun-07 11:12:07

Hi, as the name suggests I'm in Galway county. AbRoller and PinkTulips, I cd meet you in Roscommon too!!!!

PinkTulips - hope the move goes well today, I am in the throws of building right now and it is a fearful thought of having to be moving in a couple of months time! Which reminds me I must remember to contact eircom and get the cup and twine transferred to the new house, not broadband in site for us unfortunately.

Hi to everyone else, great to have a place to meet you all.

toesh Sat 30-Jun-07 10:40:07

Definitely DO chipmonkey. You will have a brilliant time. As long as you don't mind getting wet through to your knickers....

chipmonkey Fri 29-Jun-07 23:59:42

I have never been to Oxegen! Must put it on my "things to do before I die" list.

toesh Fri 29-Jun-07 16:20:35

Thanks potoftea. I was doing the wellie shopping myself earlier today. I think I am also ancient enough to have a theoretical daughter going, but thankfully my real dd would only be going if it was a my little pony convention.......

I have said for the last couple of years, that the year i go to oxegen and don't see anyone older than me, is the year i will stop going. (or the year i make up a new rule )

potoftea Fri 29-Jun-07 14:41:07

Well at the risk of sounding ancient, my dd is going to Oxygen from Friday to Monday next weekend. She can't wait, and there seems to be loads of buses going from Waterford.
The city will be quiet next weekend.

She bought very colourful wellies in Dunnes during the week, so I think she's hoping for rain. She probably will get her wish!

Sounds like my idea of hell! Enjoy yourself though Toesh.

toesh Fri 29-Jun-07 13:44:31

sorry - wearing - must try and use the preview option....

toesh Fri 29-Jun-07 13:43:21

Hi KTP. Just found this myself yesterday. Where are you?

Anyone going to Oxegen next weekend? Am soooooo excited to be going on the Sat. Too old for the full weekend/camping experience obv. Busy preparing a suitbale outfit that will be stylish , not mutton dressed as lamb and able to survive the certain deluge of rain .

Don't know why i'm bothering as i will defo end up waering a bin bag for the day.......

KTeePee Fri 29-Jun-07 10:27:26

Ah, there you all are!

PinkTulips Fri 29-Jun-07 00:38:25

lol

right.... i really must go to bed now, think i'll be pulling and all nighter tomorow night as it is

don't have too much fun without me

AbRoller Fri 29-Jun-07 00:36:36

Hi Pink, Glad you're all sorted. Wishing you all the best with the move. Will chat you here again soon when you get broadband or failing that I have a 'bog-standard' cup-N-twine contraption that's all the rage in these here parts

Take care

PinkTulips Fri 29-Jun-07 00:06:43

abroller, that's a really lovely offer, thank you. we wuld have been stuck for table and chairs but my parents managed to root out an old, very 80's, chrome, wicker and glass number that was lurking in their garage. needless to say we're overjoyed

thank you very much for the offer though

kerry, i have a hyper 2 year old who's on a diet that makes her decidedly unpleasant as she has blood test next week and a teething 11 month old who's desperate to pull up and cruise around all the boxes until he finds one unsealed and has a field day 'helping' to rearrange it

my broadband is gone tomorrow and the only chance i'll get to go online til we can afford whatever overpriced option the boglands have to offer is in my dad's internet café with him nosily looking over my shoulder so i'll be gone a while i'd say

keep the ROI threads alive while i'm MIA and don't forget to go to the MN local bit and recommend lots of great places to go in you area, it's great fun playing with the little map

toesh Thu 28-Jun-07 20:58:20

Well KM, they say we're a strange lot - and they might be right... Lovely town though. Sorry - CITY.
Kerry - my favourite childhood holidays were near Castlegregory. Must, must go back there....(wistful)

KerryMum Thu 28-Jun-07 19:56:26

Hi toesh and welcome!

Never been to Kilkenny but know people there

toesh Thu 28-Jun-07 18:55:12

Dia dhiabh - Kilkenny calling. Good to find you all

AbRoller Thu 28-Jun-07 13:42:33

Hi Pink, have to go out for a few hours so won't be back on line til tonight but just to let you know I have a table and four chairs I can give you if you've not got them already.

Such shitty weather today

Chat you all later

NoNoNoNo Thu 28-Jun-07 13:09:53

Yeah - best of luck with the move, Pink. And if you lose your cool while unpacking, don't worry - it will be in one of the cardboard boxes ....

KerryMum Thu 28-Jun-07 09:49:18

PT - If I don't "see" you much before the weekend -

GOOD LUCK with the move! How many kids do you have to get underfoot?

AnnieAlcoholLeft Wed 27-Jun-07 16:37:48

Nice one, PT, then we can all find out all about each other together over a few bottles of bud...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now