After School Care

(4 Posts)
foziab Tue 17-Oct-17 01:02:07

Hello everyone,

I am doing some research into after-school care and am hoping you can assist me with some feedback/thoughts. I would like to know what services are important to working parents who depend on wraparound childcare for their children aged between 5 and 11 years.

More specifically, I am referring to additional facilities or add-on services incorporated into the childcare provision which would be beneficial if provided on top of play-time. For example, having access to chess classes or reading clubs during the days your child attends for a small additional fee, or having a homework club, or even being provided a hot dinner as well as a small snack. I am just trying to gauge if there is a requirement/demand for anything specific that may help busy working parents save time during the evening or indeed help them in not having to take DS/DD to a separate club at the weekend as it is provided as part of the after school club.

Any thoughts would be greatly received.

Many thanks.

AJPTaylor Wed 18-Oct-17 09:26:21

what i found a huge help was help with homework.
not fussed about hot dinner. what would have been hugely helpful for some of my working friends was opening until 6.15. ours closed at 5.30 and opened at 8.00. not possible to fit full time hours and get to the nearest town!

AJPTaylor Wed 18-Oct-17 09:28:11

and i accepted that my dd would not have be able to access most afterschool things such as dancing.

doodle01 Thu 19-Oct-17 01:06:49

Sent both kids to prep school as at time in Redbridge 10 years ago some schools didn't offer after school or it was limited
Even now some have ASC contracted out
Private sector def caters better for working parents

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now