Living in south woodford and schools

(7 Posts)
harriet009 Mon 26-Jan-15 18:47:57

Hi there,

we are looking to move to South woodford/wanstead for a more family friendly environment with more space but still within easy commute to the city. How it it like living there? Is it safe?

We are looking at near the border of south wooford and wanstead near Nightingale primary school. Is it a nice school? I saw its rating improved from "good" to "outstanding" a couple of years ago and is a relatively large school. Would be great to hear directly from anyone here have children attending the school.

I didn't see many secondary schools around the area - Wanstead high school doesn't seem to have a high rating at the moment. There are also religious high school (Trinity) but our future child probably will not be attending those.

Any advices on your experience living in south woodford/wanstead and the schools here will be highly appreciated!

scramble69 Thu 29-Jan-15 09:34:25

Have you considered Churchfields Juniors? Just been awarded an Outstanding by Ofsted. Very much feels,looks and performs like a fee paying school.
Great family friendly area with children playing together in the park opposite in the summer. 5 mins walk to Waitrose/M&S/Cinema.
Hugely oversubscribed but if we got in so could you. Go and see for yourself if you have a chance. Let me know what you think.
www.churchfieldsjunior.com

scramble69 Thu 29-Jan-15 09:36:50

Just to add Woodbridge Secondary is also round the corner which our neighbours rave about. Always see the kids on the street impeccably dressed and behaved. Performs well too.

harriet009 Thu 29-Jan-15 21:45:17

Hi scramble69, thanks for the information and link. It looks like a very good school. I did hear about Churchfield is a very good school but I understand it is also very oversubscribed and difficult to get in! Can I ask roughly what distance are you to the school?

scramble69 Sat 31-Jan-15 11:23:25

Hi,
Redbridge judges distance to school as walking distance and not as the crow flies. We live East of the school across the railway bridge which is quite a bit cheaper but still nice if you're thinking about affordability. We live 0.34 of a mile walking distance though you have to remember distance is just one of the criteria. Siblings and being in social care are criteria above distance.
Happy to answer any more of your questions.

harriet009 Tue 03-Feb-15 21:53:12

Thanks for the info scrambles69 - we haven't previously looked at the area you are in actually. I guess it was because it is a bit further away from the tube station and we don't drive. Will def looked into the area and let you know if have more questions!

Bo2014 Sun 25-Oct-15 21:03:14

Hi all,

I found this link while looking for primary school info. My baby is just 18 month old but I'm already worried that I might be leaving it too late for a good primary schoolhmm

How do you find a house close enough to the schools and if you are to put down a few schools on your list then how can you live somewhere that's within all of their catchment areas? We are considering moving to Woodford precisely because the schools are bad where we are currently and as buying a house is a long term thing I'm worried about getting it wrong. I'm totally clueless about this whole thing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now