buckling wooden floors

(3 Posts)
onethousandyearsold Tue 25-Nov-14 08:26:51

Hi, not sure if this is the correct place to post this, apologies if not. I have wooden floors laid for the last three years. There is some buckling in one area of the house. About two years ago a carpenter came in and basically sawed off a bit of the wood around the perimeter of the room as he said they had been laid too tightly. This gave some relief for a period but now the same thing is occurring. I think the floor will eventually 'pop' if we don't fix it. Does anyone know of anyone who does floor repairs in the East London area please? Thanks.

Bekabeech Tue 25-Nov-14 19:41:57

I don't unfortunately, but you could also re-post in Property on the main site. An expert (eg. pigletjohn) may come along and give you some advice which might help you at least sound knowledgable.

onethousandyearsold Wed 26-Nov-14 08:10:07

thanks, I did that and PigletJohn very kindly replied. seems like the floors have to come up but will likely get damaged. I could cry, they cost thousands. : (

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now