Aldersbrook Primary anyone?

(4 Posts)
kathrin72 Thu 06-Mar-14 12:04:29

Hi there, I know the ofsted for this school is really bad but could anyone tell me more about the school? I'm considering moving into the area and this one would be by far the closest primary school...
Thanks a lot in advance, Kathrin

LocalEditorRedbridge Tue 11-Mar-14 15:05:19

Hi Kathrin72, I've got a friend whose daughter just finished up at Aldersbrook. Let me get her on here to chat to you about it.
Kathryn

Cubaba Tue 11-Mar-14 19:09:37

Hello,
My youngest attends nursery here and I also have a child in year 6. The OFSTED criteria recently changed so I wouldn't read too much into it. The school has served my eldest well. She is very bright and they have ensured that she has been supported and challenged in ewual measure. She loves attending school - the children are generally well behaved, they have events and days that they can take part in and be creative. The facilities are good - nothing earth shatteringly amazing but the children all seem very happy with their environment.
The early years has now adopted the Montessori approach to teaching/learning so no doubt this will attract many who would otherwise have paid for their little darlings to attend a private nursery. It is certainly more appealing an environment than it used to be.
For me there haven't been any major issues. My only niggle is that sometimes the communications are a bit lastminute.com but that's a minor.
I would recommend the school quite happily!

kathrin72 Sun 23-Mar-14 23:05:21

Hi Cubaba, thanks so much and apologies for the very late reply but it's been busy here... That is very interesting what you say, It is really so difficult to judge these things but I will definitely look into the area now that you've assured me about the school :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now