Bearwood College

(3 Posts)
localgirl26 Mon 27-Apr-15 09:23:17

Hi all, this is another Mum in a dilemma on school thread :-). I have been looking at Bearwood College online and also plan to go to their open day on the 9th May. I have one daughter. As with all schools, the website looks great and says all the right stuff but interested in any recent experiences, thoughts, local gossip! I am also looking at St Joes and Crosfields both of which seem great too. Thanks :-)

m00ncake Sat 16-May-15 13:08:44

Hi Localgirl26. I can only speak about my personal experience of Reddam Bearwood College. The new school says it is "highly selective" and they intend to make life uncomfortable for any child that does not fit their criteria. At present they are busy buying in talent from other schools. If you are ready to hand over your child and have NO say in their welbeing, then Reddam is the place for you. I would highly recommend you look elsewhere.

Tiredbutstillwithapulse Fri 05-Jun-15 21:16:43

My experience of the coming of Reddam House is the opposite of m00ncake. Lots and lots is changing there and some people feel unsettled by that. Those who are finding learning difficult are being offered extra help in English, Science and Maths in very small groups. I don't call that making them uncomfortable! Yes they have offered scholarships but name me an independent school that isn't full that doesn't! We were offered scholarships at several local prep schools, even a couple of them that are 'full'. I've got a bright child there so I'm delighted more bright children are joining! In terms of wellbeing, I and my friends feel that the teachers that are staying in September are the ones that make a real positive difference to our children. I think m00ncake might have had a bad experience with the old Bearwood College but I think that their experience does not reflect where things are going with the new Reddam House. I think their experience is out of date.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now