The Heights Caversham primary school

(5 Posts)
BashfulBunny Fri 19-Dec-14 13:07:34

My partner and I are moving to Caversham in Feb/Mar next year. We have a 2 year old and are expecting triplets (argh!). It seems there are a few really good schools in the area, but I can't find much at all about The Heights. I know it is new and therefore hasn't had an Ofsted inspection yet, and that it is on a temporary site while issues are cleared up about where it will be permanently located.

Are there any mners who have children there or know of children there, who are able to tell me what it is like? It is a year away before any of ours will start school but we would like to buy a house with a plan not to move again for quite a long time.

Thanks!
BB

mumdk Sun 28-Dec-14 15:41:31

we have just moved to the area with a 3 year old and a 1 year old. I am sorry I can't help you with the Heights school but didn't want to just read and run. All the best.

LocalEditorReading Sun 04-Jan-15 21:16:32

Hi Bashful.

The Heights is pretty new indeed, it only opened it's doors this September gone, so not much about in terms of reputation etc. The school is currently in a temporary location based in the centre of Caversham but the plan is from 2016/2017 it will be located within Caversham Heights. The permanent site has yet to be decided and is still a topic of much deliberation over in Caversham but as the intended catchment is to be that side of town, that is the catchment postcode they'll work off even whilst in temporary locations.

They are very good with viewings etc as it's currently school selection time for the 2015 intake, so if you're in Caversham for house viewings etc, why not give them a call and ask to have a look about or speak to the head. They are a very welcoming and a lovely head teacher from our experiences. Hope this is of some help and hopefully a parent of a current pupil will stop by and give some more useful info!

BashfulBunny Mon 19-Jan-15 12:27:29

Thanks for the replies - sorry for the very slow response, life is absolutely hectic! We'll see if we can go for a visit and look around.

Related to this does anyone have any montessori trained nanny connections/recommendations?

Thank you

CoffeeWillAlwaysLoveMe Fri 26-Jun-15 00:31:09

I'm just stumbled across your thread and felt I must reply, although it is perhaps too late in the day! Our child attends The Heights. We were allocated a place there after not getting offered a place at any other Caversham school (we live in a bit of black hole when it comes to school places). I was very wary with it being a new, untested school. But I feel like we got the golden ticket. the teaching is amazing, leadership outstanding, everyone is so friendly, it has a real community around it and most importantly my child is very very happy there. Do go check it out if you haven't already. I cab guarantee as soon as they clear up the permanent site it will be oversubscribed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now