Woosehill

(4 Posts)
djinthailand Wed 10-Aug-11 10:00:32

I've just bought a house on Evergreen Way on the Buttercup development. It seemed a really nice area when we looked round and we liked the fact that we could walk to the train station and into town and the local schools were rated as outsanding by Ofsted (Walter/St Paul's). However, I've just looked on my Reading A to Z and it appears that the house is in Woosehill which seems to have a really bad write up on various forums. We haven't actually exchanged contracts yet. Could someone please let me know if this is a really bad move and I should pull out or preferably let me know that it is a really nice area. Keeping my fingers crossed that somebody has good news for me.

Aila Thu 11-Aug-11 00:25:42

Hi, we are moving to lower earley at the end of this week. We looked at woosehill too, same reasons, local schools, and were put off by the comments on various forums. I have no idea if any of this has any basis, it certainly seems nice enough when driving/walking through. Sorry I know I have not been any help at all!

Koola999 Thu 25-Aug-11 16:18:00

Hi, The Buttercup development is a really lovely area, and when we were looking to move to Wokingham, the Buttercups were definitely an area of preference compared to other areas of Woosehill/Wokingham.
I would have no reservations about moving there, and hope this puts your mind at rest!
Good luck with the move!

djinthailand Mon 29-Aug-11 21:29:04

Thanks for that Koola999. It has put my mind at rest. We're still going through with the house purchase but at the back of mind I was really beginning to worry. Somebody my husband works with has since told us they live quite close by and love it and don't have a bad word to say about it, so I think it the right choice. Next hurdle is getting the kids into school!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now