Moving to Reading with Twins Toddlers

(6 Posts)
Goldy01 Wed 06-Jul-11 10:15:34

Hi everyone,

We are moving to Reading as my husband has got a new Job there. We have taken a flat in Epping Close. We have no idea about the area. Is there any Playgroup near by. Please help me.

We have taken a Non- furnished flat so will be requiring a cheap furnitures as well. Not in a condition to buy new things.

Please help me. Thanks.

noeyedeer Sat 09-Jul-11 18:42:59

Hi Goldy,

Here's a link to the family information service for Reading. On there are all the details of children's centres. There are quite a few different toddler groups within walking distance of you. If you ring the number the staff are very helpful and will post out details of all the different groups with times, days etc.

I would try gumtree and freecycle for furniture. Reading and Woodley freecycle groups are both quite busy with people offering furniture regularly.

Goldy01 Sun 17-Jul-11 18:28:36

Hi Noeyedeer,

Thanks a lot for the reply will definitely call the family information service.

galaxymummy Fri 29-Jul-11 20:18:24

Hi Goldy You are just a 20 minute walk from reading twins club in katesgrove at the childrens centre
xx
galaxy

MrsJamin Sat 30-Jul-11 07:37:10

Hi Goldy, I live in West Reading and there's quite a bit on. I'd recommend checking out what's on in the Oxford Road Children's Centre. A great place to start is singalong with Marjorie at Battle Library (on Oxford Road) which is 10.30 on Tuesday and Friday mornings.

Goldy01 Tue 16-Aug-11 20:06:37

Thanks a lot dearGalaxymummy and MrsJamin have just got the internet working. Thanks will definitely check both the places.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now