Maternity hospital recommendations?

(2 Posts)
ridetomusic Wed 19-Feb-14 19:55:45

Hi
I'm moving to the Petersfield area soon and need to decide on a hospital to have DC2 in in April. Can anyone tell me good or bad things about Portsmouth, Southampton, Chichester or Winchester. I need a hospital rather than a midwife led unit, although will still be hoping to use a birth centre if they let me. Thanks.

TudorMaryRose Thu 20-Feb-14 10:17:46

I can't really comment on the others, but I had my son at QA in Cosham and I couldn't fault them really. I attempted a vbac and they gave me plenty of time to try, they sorted out an epidural relatively quickly after I asked for one, it was done quickly and efficiently and they really looked after me discussing options, keeping me calm when things went wrong (I had meconium in my waters) and trying ventouse and then eventually I had an emergency C section. The staff were all lovely and reassuring, actually spoke to me rather than over me and I felt like I was in good hands. The only experience I had of the Grange at Petersfield was having my sweep there, but it seemed small and friendly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now