Myself, Dusty, and Mumbar welcome you.
Along came Dolphin, Stray, Eve and Chutes
Kids jumping in puddles in welly boots.
So welcome to you new and old
We are a friendly group you have been told grin

youarekidding Wed 04-Jan-12 23:20:24

read

youarekidding Mon 28-Nov-11 21:55:09

Eve congratulations grin I'm really pleased for you and wish you all the best.

LesbianMummy1 Mon 28-Nov-11 14:26:37

Wow Eve congratulations, will keep fingers crossed for you x

Hope your ds loves Christmas this year my ds is same age and already very excited. Dd is moving schools soon so I am hoping I get my old happy dd back by Christmas

eve34 Mon 28-Nov-11 14:11:49

That is fantastic than you so much for that it sounds lovely. Really want to make it extra magical this year. DS is 5 so we can get him really excited. Plan to see Arthur Christmas the week before Christmas (must book I expect it will be busy) and go lat night shopping to see lights etc.

We are home Christmas morning so be the first time we have been home for Christmas eve. I am more excited than DS.

Also will be 18 weeks Pg by then. Had scan and test and all is well so far :-)

youarekidding Thu 24-Nov-11 19:29:09

Oh Tsarina the southsea one sounds great. Thanks.

NewTsarinaOnTheBlock Thu 24-Nov-11 12:05:16

SANTA AT THE SOUTHSEA MODEL VILLAGE, INCLUDES SANTA VISIT AND PRESENT,WALK AROUND THE LIT UP VILLAGE,REINDEER FOOD AND PLACE A WISH ON THE WISHING TREE!........FROM THE 10TH-24TH DEC......4.00-7.00 EVERYDAY. PRICES ARE--£1 ADULTS, £4 KIDS, £9 FAMILY OF FOUR

NewTsarinaOnTheBlock Wed 23-Nov-11 22:29:49

Hi Eve I am still around. Hope you dp and ds are all ok

Southsea model village is always worth a visit to see Santa normally under £10 for a family ticket will try and find out prices and post for you

eve34 Mon 21-Nov-11 22:03:24

oi anyone about - looking for places to take DS to see father Christmas we did Paultons last year it is £21 each! that is stupid amount of money. Watercress line is £15 each still a lot. So I am open to suggestions.

Hope everyone is well :-)

LesbianMummy1 Wed 14-Sep-11 20:18:34

there are various free places in Portsmouth am still trying to find out what's on that week and will post some places when I have

youarekidding Wed 14-Sep-11 18:51:16

Your right it is expensive and I forgot you all have an army large families each. grin

Maybe somewhere like Fort Nelson, or something? I thought QE/Moors Valley but LM1 would probably struggle with transport still?

Where is free in Portsmouth?

Sofabitch Tue 13-Sep-11 07:19:00

Paultons Is crazy money. I don't mind doing it on a weekday when I've only got the youngest. But it's over £100 to get mine In angry so I'll save that for a family treat.
I'm waiting in today for various ppl. Which is good as I could do with a day to catch up on house work.

LesbianMummy1 Tue 13-Sep-11 07:13:15

Hey you lot I'm here again you have to try a lot harder to scare me off wink

I can't do paultons sad with approximately 12 children and two adults cost would be more than my monthly rent even if I get parents to contribute just the transport would be a nightmare but definitely must meet up half term. Will bug you all til you agree post some suggestions of places to go at weekend so we can work out who can get where and when I'm off for a nice brew as not starting work for 15 minutes yet see you all soon

youarekidding Mon 12-Sep-11 22:39:08

I'm here. Busy back at work atm, assignment due, started ebaying stuff, and shoved a broom up my arse and cleaned the house. grin

psiloveyou glad you enjoyed Spain envy

LM1 Nice to chat the other day.

sofa you not scared me off! yet!

half term meet up is a must. Does anyone fancy Paultons or somewhere we can do the day and that isn't too weather dependent?

Sofabitch Mon 12-Sep-11 13:49:38

*now. !! Stupid fat fingers lol

Sofabitch Mon 12-Sep-11 13:48:46

Ah cool. I have just moved from there. I used to live near the library but I'm not living near the coop on. Rowner road. Do you go to any toddler groups?

psiloveyou Mon 12-Sep-11 13:40:20

Hi everyone. Sofabitch I live in Bridgemary. Hopefully we can all get our acts together for a meet up soon. It's a shame we didn't manage it during the holidays.

Sofabitch Fri 09-Sep-11 18:19:58

Whoop weekend off smile I can't wait. I'm shattered I achieved very little at work today. We are having friends round for dinner tonight. So I'm going to put the children to bed with a film soon and try and tidy up a bit. I'm making slimming world lamb rogan Josh and it smells amazing. So I'll mostly be stuffing myself with that and drinking whiskey because it's the only spirit I like and they are lower syn than wine. Lol

LesbianMummy1 Fri 09-Sep-11 14:17:01

i'm still here just been very busy with work hope you all ok

Sofabitch Thu 08-Sep-11 08:07:05

How is everyone ? I'm working all week. It's pretty quite on here. I hope I didn't
Scare you all off blush wink

Sofabitch Tue 06-Sep-11 08:03:25

Ooo how odd that must be very difficult for you. Where in Gosport do you live?

LesbianMummy1 Mon 05-Sep-11 23:17:54

psiloveyou that made me grin

it was not me but one of my best friends met dp's sister like that. They had ahuge conversation about helping her friends move house and their new baby boy etc and after about ten minutes dp's sister said I know it was my sister you helped move my friend still blush and we can't help but tease I am going to assign a date that will be a compulsory meet up soon just need to wait til end of month and get dd's statement under way at school then will make you all meet up.

psiloveyou Mon 05-Sep-11 22:44:27

Right I'm back from Spain had a fab time.

So which one of you was it I met in Debenhams, Portsmouth two weeks ago. Some of you may know I have Prosopagnosia (face blindness). Anyway I met someone two weeks ago when I was in Debenhams and had a long chat. As usual I was too embarrassed to admit I didn't recognise them and I just blundered my way through the conversation. On leaving ds asked who the person was. I admitted I didn't know. He said he thought she was a MNetter we had met before at a meet up. I feel really bad because I know I come across as vague and rude in these situations.
So if it was you (with your mum and ds) I am so sorry. This condition really does blight my life and causes huge embarrassment.

Anyway, welcome to all the newbies. I'm in Gosport. Please lets sort a meet up soon. It would be nice to make some new friends (not that I would remember any of you at a second meet up grin)

Sofabitch Fri 02-Sep-11 21:52:07

Well this is fun. Dh and the older 2 are at the club whilst I'm stuck in a tent with 2 over tired children who don't want to sleep. Lol our pitch is right by the bins so it's noisy every time someone tajes out there rubbish. Remind me again why I like camping? Our friends are joining us tomorrow so will be much more social.

Sofabitch Thu 01-Sep-11 17:59:21

I noticed it was not working holidays that kills the wages. sad oh well. Tbh I think I'd much rather do the 3 long days I do than 5 short days. At least in 6 months I will have 6 afternoons a fortnight to myself ! not that I'm counting or anything

Well what an afternoon. I decided to make a day of it and take the kids to gunwarf on the bus and ferry. They loved it but at nearly £20 for tickets I'm not sure I did lol although parking is expensive so I may have broke even. Anyway there is no sports direct? Is now a Jamie olivers restaurant shock so a complete wasted day but the children thought the bus was a massive adventure. So they had fun. Plus there is a big sand pit so we spent an hour there which was great as I got a costa coffee and sat in the sun. So I'm going to have to get them PE trainers next weekend.

Did you have a nice time at the park? And I hope everyone else had a good day smile

youarekidding Thu 01-Sep-11 12:45:48

Well at least you understand why I'm permanently broke then sofa grin

Even teaching which will be same weeks/ longer hours but the pay ain't great!

They don't really pay that little but you only work 40 weeks so get paid that + holiday, it's then paid monthly as a salary so is less each month than you may have earnt by working iyswim? So Jan, March, June, Sept,Nov when you do a full month you lose. August however is a bonus. grin The other months you tend to work 2-3 weeks due to holidays so OK then too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now