Needing friends in plympton!!

(14 Posts)
RebeccaJ83 Fri 30-Oct-15 19:21:37

Hi I'm becca with a 10 month old boy Dylan. We've lived in Plympton for about a year but still haven't made friends. Joined play tots but still on the waiting list ??

DorisIsWaiting Fri 30-Oct-15 20:15:58

Can you travel ( do you have a car) if so have you considered baby groups in the surrounding areas? I know Plymstock has some I live Brixton and used to go to a outreach group run by Ivybridge children's centre, I also went to toddler groups in Yealmpton ( 1 on Tuesday morning in the community centre , next to the school) and 1 on a Friday morning in the Methodist church ( slightly more religious ).

When I went. ( my 3 are older now) I know newcomers were welcomed with open arms and mums came from all the surrounding areas not just Yealmpton.

Even if this doesn't work for you at least I've bumped the thread!

RebeccaJ83 Fri 30-Oct-15 20:24:53

No I don't have a car during the week, my partner takes it to work otherwise that would have been worth checking out. Thanks though ??

RebeccaJ83 Fri 30-Oct-15 20:25:30

That was supposed to be a smiley face not question marks!!

West18 Tue 03-Nov-15 17:10:38

I live in Plympton and have a 1 yr old little boy xx

RebeccaJ83 Tue 03-Nov-15 17:27:41

Do you take him to any groups that don't have a waiting list?

West18 Tue 03-Nov-15 17:44:01

I used to take him to the church near town when they had their group on and when I went they didn't have a waiting list ( I stopped as I haven't been around much lately) and my friend used to go to one on glen road and she never mentioned a waiting list but they're the only two i can remember xx

RebeccaJ83 Tue 03-Nov-15 18:58:01

I may try the church but we aren't religious!! Maybe we could meet up for a coffee or park one day?? Dylan loves being around other babies, I feel sorry for him when he's stuck with me for company lol xx

anynameideas Tue 03-Nov-15 19:03:21

Have you looked at baby bunnies in the children's centres?
There are also some groups in yealmstone farm I think on a Friday and one on a Monday afternoon at chaddlewood. ( my son is just over two and I know it changed a year or so ago).

anynameideas Tue 03-Nov-15 19:04:08

Ah I've just seen you don't have a car. What rough area of Plympton are you?

anynameideas Tue 03-Nov-15 19:06:58

<http://www.plymouth.gov.uk/plum_tree_childrens_centre_timetable_autumn_2015.pdf> will give you the timetable wink

West18 Tue 03-Nov-15 19:17:34

I'm not religious either I used to go with a friend to help her with her son before I had mine and neither of us could drive and I continued once I'd had my son and could drive as I knew people there. If you fancy meeting for coffee I'm up for that would be great for Grayson to meet more children! Xx

RebeccaJ83 Tue 03-Nov-15 19:41:21

That would be great ?? I'm free Friday afternoon if you aren't busy? Xx

RebeccaJ83 Tue 03-Nov-15 19:42:51

Thanks for the timetable, I'm near to chaddlewood so will definitely have a look ??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now